'17 MotoGP of the Americas (SPOILER ALERT)

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, thepretender said:

Spoiler alert would be nice :sad:

Sorry dude - my bad - I just edited the title to add the alert.

Here's a quick vid from my celebratory ride:

There wasn't any real surprises but I knew Rossi was second and knew he would pass Pedrosa or Pedrosa would crash so had to wait to see which. Wasn't much worry the whole race a Honda would win the race, but Rossi won the lead in points!

• Member Contributer

All three races today had a few twist and turns (pun intended). Although I'm happy with the outcome, I think we were robbed of an even better race due to MV having a DNF. Didn't expect to see DP out in front so quickly and was hoping to see more dicing with VR and JZ!

Anyone here on the red 8th gen a good hour or so after MotoAmerica SB/SS race two? I walked past you with my wife, kinda staring on the way to my bike.

Only went Sunday this year, was busy riding with Señor Carlitos Saturday. Nothing makes me want a track bike more than watching and hearing these guys haul ass. I'm not an MM fan, but he does know this track far better than anyone else and put on a dominant performance today.

Also, spent a good five minutes examining this piece of sex. Completely ridiculously priced, but if I were a millionaire, you could bet your ass I'd have plopped down a deposit. IMG_0902.JPGIMG_0903.JPG

• Member Contributer
13 minutes ago, thepretender said:

Best part of the weekend was when Baz went down er UP as if by magic during qualifying.

https://streamable.com/c43cs

Yep, even MM was impressed and rather jealous of the save. He kid about it during the pre race press conference.

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, thepretender said:

Best part of the weekend was when Baz went down er UP as if by magic during qualifying.

https://streamable.com/c43cs

Probably the only situation where being absurdly tall puts him at an advantage.

:laugh:

• Member Contributer

Good to see Crutchlow vying for a podium position, though he's still clearly not one of the Aliens...the rate at which the front 3 pulled away towards the end is a mark of their extraordinary ability. Also enjoyed watching Zarco ride the hell out of his independent M1 Yamaha.

Rossi leading the championship eh? How many put money on that before the season started?

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Anyone here on the red 8th gen a good hour or so after MotoAmerica SB/SS race two? I walked past you with my wife, kinda staring on the way to my bike.

Only went Sunday this year, was busy riding with Señor Carlitos Saturday. Nothing makes me want a track bike more than watching and hearing these guys haul ass. I'm not an MM fan, but he does know this track far better than anyone else and put on a dominant performance today.

Also, spent a good five minutes examining this piece of sex. Completely ridiculously priced, but if I were a millionaire, you could bet your ass I'd have plopped down a deposit. IMG_0902.JPGIMG_0903.JPG

I all you were was a barely a millionaire, you wouldn't be after buying this maintenance monstrosity.  

• Member Contributer

My first time to COTA. Q2 was as much fun as the race! Sorry to see MV go down so early, could have been an epic battle. On Sunday I parked myself at the berm overlooking the 7-8-9-10 section, great spot to watch them go full lean right, then full lean left, and then back again. You could see how cleanly the aliens stitched together the whole sequence compared to, say, the KTM's (sorry Bradley, I am a fan...), who seemed to have to treat them as four separate corners.

A good spectator track but isn't 20 turns five too many? The pack only comes around every 2 minutes+! Also, does anyone know why they don't turn on all the giant video screens? The ones by 10 and also 11 were dark all weekend for their 2nd biggest race of the year.

Good crowd on Sunday:

IMG_2947.jpg

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I need to wait til I'm a multi-millionaire before I buy that, as Bent just said the maintenance costs on it are enough to put a millionaire in the poor house LOL.  There's a post about the maintenance costs in a thread somewhere - can't remember if it was here or the other forum.

• Member Contributer

It would be very nice to have a bike derived from MotoGP, but it's still no NR... :cool:

Ciao,

Archived