AWE VFR800 sport cruiser custom

Spraintz

So what's up 5th gen'ers........

Just wanted to say a lil thank you. I have lurked around this forum for a very long time gathering copious amounts of info that has allowed me to start, work  on, fix, troubleshoot, and ultimately get on the road a project of mine that I have been working a very very very long time on.

So, a big huge thanks to the forum and all those people that have helped me without even knowing it .......and to those that do know it :P 

here are a couple pics of how she sits now........still a long way to go and more changes to come....but ya get the idear 

18043024_1605119516182511_657549318_o.jpg

18053232_1605119479515848_639281788_o.jpg

• Member Contributer

Not to my taste but I can appreciate the effort & skill put into it.  :beer:

• Member Contributer

I like it.

Especially the amount of effort involved.

Good job.

Just don't add chrome or polished stuff.

Keep it dark.

Not that it matters in this case, but I wonder how much it weights and how it handles.  In other words, is is comfortable to ride?

Flat black and Honda Electron Blue Pearl (matching blue that's on the pressure plate and front wheel) will be the colors :cool:

Haven't weighed it yet......but so far, feels way way lighter than a few of my friend's bikes....one being a Yamaha Raider.

Handling.........this sucker rides like a champ......very very comfortable, tracks straight as an arrow......and turn in is remarkably nice considering how long this sucker came out lol.

this was the very first test ride......tank wasn't even done........chain wasn't yet tensioned lol(you'll hear it during shifts)......and the engine mounts weren't even tight yet. But peer pressure......the guys were like "ride it man!!!..ride it!!!" so of course, I had to oblige :tongue:

• Member Contributer

The slower you go, the more you need another radiator!  Or one bigger one, maybe...you've got plenty of room for one, though. 

Very nice job.  Love the cam gear whine combined with the VFR growl--perfect sound track for a "power cruiser", IMHO.

Ciao,

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

A great view of the fabulous V4 along with it's signature sound. You won't see yourself coming down the street very often.

• Member Contributer

I'm reminded of:

The lone biker of apocalypse. A man with all the powers of Hell at his command. He could turn turn the day into night and lay to waste everything in his path. He was especially hard on little things - the helpless and the gentle creatures.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived