Bike Passed Safety Inspection - Picking It Up on Saturday

Superballs

So just like the title says.

Picking the bike up on Saturday in Toronto as it passed the safety inspection

Will meet the guy on Saturday, register, pay the taxes (hooray :/) and ride back down to Windsor with my wife following me in the Focus, on Sunday.

Can't wait to get some pics up.

Bike comes with Givi top and side luggage.

High mileage but I'm ok with that, averaged 6700KM a year since it rolled off the floor, which is way less than I will be putting on it.

Guy was selling as is, but brought it in for inspection because he knew I had to ride it home, and got the oil changed while he was at it.

I'm so stoked, it's been nice here for a few weeks now, even with some rain, and I've been without a bike since September.

I won't hesitate.

I've been waiting for almost two weeks.

I'm not sure if he actually held on to the bike for me or if the mileage scared other buyers away.

I know to take things people say with a grain of salt when they are selling things but he does seem happy to see his bike go to a V4 fan.

As soon as I'm near it I'll start snapping pics, I'm bringing the DSLR up with me and will take some with my 50mm lens and maybe some detail shots with my 105mm macro.

Picked the bike up today

Rode through downtown Toronto...yay :\

Guy was super nice, all service records, fairings were dusty from sitting.  Has a tank cover, bar risers, all three Givi Luggage, two covers, one for bike only and one for with top luggage.  Guy even let me keep it plated so I could get to a ServiceOntario out of downtown, because he had underground parking that would have made it hard to come back and get the bike.  This was about as good as a Kijiji purchasing story could ever get.

In the downtown traffic, the bike got hot.  Like 132C/269F.

I've seen some of the temps here, and expected high temps but the temp gauge had been set to ambient and it switched automatically to engine temp.  I will have to have the radiators checked maybe and the fans, though as soon as I got moving in any real way the temps dropped down to the 110C range.

I'm more worried about this because it was only 10C outside and when it's nearing 30-35, I'll be looking at much worse issues.

• Member Contributer

It may need a thermostat or water pump. They're fairly easy to do. Might just need to have the rad cap off while it's on the side stand and run the air of the system. 

• 1 month later...

Just to not leave the thread with no resolution. It definitely needed coolant. Now it has coolant and the fans run it's nice and cool.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Archived