Bar riser questions

Hello all, just bought my vfr this weekend. Looking into risers. I was fairly comfortable after an hour ride on it. I'm 5.9" so a little riser would make a longer trip easier I think. I'm just trying to decide what size to go with. Looking into the moto pumps .6 and .95. Then I see helibars has a .75 which sounds nice but more money than moto pumps.  Is the .6 noticeable enough? I've searched plenty and very few people seem to even own a newer vfr. Thanks

I did lower the seat as I was on my toes with it in the upper position.  I haven't ridden it since I  lowered the seat however.  I feel more comfortable flat footing the thing now.  Have you noticed much difference other than that with the lowered seat?

• Member Contributer

I'm 6', I ride with the higher seat height. I use the MotoPumps .6" bar risers on longer/multiday trips. They make a difference.

13 hours ago, Beardedboxer said:

Hello all, just bought my vfr this weekend. Looking into risers. I was fairly comfortable after an hour ride on it. I'm 5.9" so a little riser would make a longer trip easier I think. I'm just trying to decide what size to go with. Looking into the moto pumps .6 and .95. Then I see helibars has a .75 which sounds nice but more money than moto pumps.  Is the .6 noticeable enough? I've searched plenty and very few people seem to even own a newer vfr. Thanks

If you're considering the handlebar riser, just go for the 1.25.  If you already think you need the risers you might as well go the full extra inch.

I'm 5ft 8 tall and have my 8th gen with the seat at the lower position and have the 0.95 motopumps spacers fitted.

When sitting on the bike in the riding position and with my neck/head straight, I'm looking over the windscreen so it's pretty easy to ride looking at the horizon, slight tilt of the head and looking up a tad.

With the seat in the upper position and no spacers, i'm looking at the top of the tacho with a straight neck.

4 hours ago, Audible said:

I'm 5ft 8 tall and have my 8th gen with the seat at the lower position and have the 0.95 motopumps spacers fitted.

When sitting on the bike in the riding position and with my neck/head straight, I'm looking over the windscreen so it's pretty easy to ride looking at the horizon, slight tilt of the head and looking up a tad.

With the seat in the upper position and no spacers, i'm looking at the top of the tacho with a straight neck.

Audible - 

I just picked up the same .95 spacers from MotoPumps - did you have to adjust (allow for any additional slack in) your cables at in when you fitted them? Mine are going on in the next day or so, just thinking ahead of what's needed in the process.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, LucaBrasi said:

Audible - 

I just picked up the same .95 spacers from MotoPumps - did you have to adjust (allow for any additional slack in) your cables at in when you fitted them? Mine are going on in the next day or so, just thinking ahead of what's needed in the process.

Thanks!

No, they fit just fine as-is.  If you go for the longest version the cables get tight and there isn't much supporting the handlebars other than two small bolts.  Likely ok, but felt less than ideal IMO.

BTW, the seller for MotoPumps bar risers is above and beyond an excellent person to do business with.

Thanks Thumper -

Got mine installed last night, haven't had a chance to try out the difference yet, but it seems like it's going to be just what I was looking for. Thanks for the advice, you were right, no need to reroute cables.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, LucaBrasi said:

Audible - 

Thanks!

You just have to watch your throttle cable adjustment.

When you adjust your throttle cable, turn the steering full lock left and right to check that the throttle isn't opening when at full lock.

With the spacers on, with the throttle slack adjusted to about 1/8 (3mm), when you turn the steering to the left, there is no slack at all. Without the spacer, you still have 1/16 or so slack.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, Beardedboxer said:

I did lower the seat as I was on my toes with it in the upper position.  I haven't ridden it since I  lowered the seat however.  I feel more comfortable flat footing the thing now.  Have you noticed much difference other than that with the lowered seat?

When I first got mine I tried the lower seat height just for the heck of it.  Seemed noticeably hotter in that position, but I didn't leave it long enough to say for sure.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, Beardedboxer said:

Thanks for the replies so far. Debating drop down pegs as well. Again not sure on .5 or 1" drop. Decisions..

I've got the Sidetrax version of these in black:  http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Products/Motorcycle/Honda/VFR800/Honda-10-VFR800F-1-Front-Foot-Pegs.html

I used them for a while, but eventually went back to the stock.  (And I went back to the Honda risers from the tallest MotoPumps, too.)

If you want a deal on them, say $50, let me know.  I should have sold them by now, but kind of forgot about them until I read this thread.

11 hours ago, RC79Scott said:

I've got the Sidetrax version of these in black:  http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Products/Motorcycle/Honda/VFR800/Honda-10-VFR800F-1-Front-Foot-Pegs.html

I used them for a while, but eventually went back to the stock.  (And I went back to the Honda risers from the tallest MotoPumps, too.)

If you want a deal on them, say $50, let me know.  I should have sold them by now, but kind of forgot about them until I read this thread.

I'm guessing you had to adjust brake and shifter then for that drop? It's weird , they don't look like that much of drop. 1 3/8"

5 minutes ago, Beardedboxer said:

I'm guessing you had to adjust brake and shifter then for that drop? It's weird , they don't look like that much of drop. 1 3/8"

I didn't change the brake--didn't notice a problem, but then again I only use it at low speed and sparingly otherwise.

I think I took the shifter down one notch.  On the shifter it kind of depends on your shoes.  What I mean is, some of my boots actually felt better with the lower pegs and the shifter in stock position.  But for my normal boots, one notch was better.

On 4/21/2017 at 7:29 PM, RC79Scott said:

Just curious - why did you go back to the stock pegs?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, LucaBrasi said:

Just curious - why did you go back to the stock pegs?

Just liked them better.  The Knight ones were fine, but the position didn't seem to make much difference to me.  Maybe I preferred the rubber covers on the stock, although Knight makes that kind, too.  I meant to just sell them, then put them in the cabinet and forgot LOL

Archived