LED Additional/Fog Lights

Skids

• Member Contributer

Just finished fitting some additional lighting to the 800X.

I bought a set of Givi crash bars for some extra protection and to mount the lights on; fitted them last weekend.

Bought a pair of Givi S320 LED and wired them in today. Luckily there's a front accessory feed with a blanking plate sealing it off down the LH side behind the rad so I bodged a connection into that. As I plan to leave them on permanently, I didn't try to connect to the dash warning light (Givi fogs don't have a connection for that anyway).

I will have to wait until dark to align them correctly. Planning on trying to fill that gap below the bright arc of light about 20m in front of the bike.

large.IMAG0954.jpg.e2cef6c4daf3f497803c99308a6d6c11.jpglarge.IMAG0955.jpg.68ea4eaff7091e0767d29d1887c1a02e.jpg

• Member Contributer

Plenty room for a mini Gatling gun under the nose....   :goofy:

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Plenty room for a mini Gatling gun under the nose....   :goofy:

Funny you should say that......:idea3:

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Ryanchang said:

what is the light shape , take a picture ,please?

Sadly, it doesn't go dark here until very late in the evening, after my bedtime, and it's light not long after 3am which is way before I choose to wake up.

Sorry.

As winter approaches and the evening's get darker, I shall try and provide one.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Rojo241ktm said:

Is there a way to convert my 6gen 4 headlight system to a 2 light? With just lower headlights being used for both lo and hi beams?

I doubt it, the lower reflectors would not give you any high beam pattern.

I have to ask why you would want to though?

• Member Contributer
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:23 AM, Skids said:

I have to ask why you would want to though?

Possibly replace the upper with FOG Lights ?

First, I have xenon bulbs in lo beam. I've never needed the high beams anyway. Only need them to flash, and be legal. So the pattern not needed/relivant.  Main reason also- I want to cover upper(hi beam) lights area, change look. More cbr/race bike (no lights,  numberplate) look. 

Plus- the xenon bulbs have, what looks to be, a hi beam bulb attached to it. Along side the xenon bulb. I'm assuming it's a hi beam. It is a H7 bulb, but I can't figure what else the "side bulb" would be. It's from XenonHID.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I converted my headlights using four HID projectors off eBay. Video below shows them operating through a latching relay I operate through the horn.

Archived