Until I parked it next to my buddy's 2016 959 Panigale...   lol 

fwrw2a.jpg

2wlwnps.jpg

14kyxyt.jpg

10z0h1c.jpg

2ch0q50.jpg

adj5ut.jpg

f36zjd.jpg

but he doesn't have one of these!  haha  (it's an adhesive emblem)

2cpuft5.jpg

• Member Contributer

Great pics! Some suggestions to make your VFR look more sporty when parked next to your buddy's Ducati:

1) Add a dark windscreen - I rode with VFR Dave this past weekend and he had a dark Puig and it made his white 8th gen significantly more sporty looking compared to mine.  

2) Take some pics of your VFR parked with your buddy's bike at his chiropractor's office, that might make you feel better - but at your buddy's expense!

3) You could also take some pics of your VFR parked next to his Ducati when his bike is up on a repair stand at the Ducati dealership - your VFR will suddenly look much more sporty - LOL.  According to Consumer Reports, Ducati's reliability is nearly 3 x worse than Honda. Link: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...WantsFull=true

Oh, almost forgot to mention, my buddy was real impressed with the Denali Sound Bomb! This has been mentioned before by other 8th gen owners and now I've experienced it too - the "geniuses" at Honda switched the locations of the horn and turn signal switches from previous gens and I keep hitting the horn button when I'm trying to manually cancel the turn signals (yes, I know it's got self-cancelling turn signals but man, I just don't trust it yet lol and muscle memory has me reaching and pushing with my thumb).

Another thing with the self-cancelling, I don't like when it cancels when I don't want it to - for example, if I'm changing multiple lanes one after another, I prefer to just leave my turn signal on the whole time. This bike shuts it off after the first lane change so I end up not signaling for the next one or more lane changes - annoying! Almost as annoying as the seat-belt reminder in our Odyssey, but not quite... lol Anyway, when I pulled up to meet my buddy, I went to manually cancel the turn signal (just turned into the parking lot) and ended up honking at him from about 5 feet away - made him jump a little... lol

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Samuelx said:

Oh, almost forgot to mention, my buddy was real impressed with the Denali Sound Bomb! This has been mentioned before by other 8th gen owners and now I've experienced it too - the "geniuses" at Honda switched the locations of the horn and turn signal switches from previous gens and I keep hitting the horn button when I'm trying to manually cancel the turn signals (yes, I know it's got self-cancelling turn signals but man, I just don't trust it yet lol and muscle memory has me reaching and pushing with my thumb).

Another thing with the self-cancelling, I don't like when it cancels when I don't want it to - for example, if I'm changing multiple lanes one after another, I prefer to just leave my turn signal on the whole time. This bike shuts it off after the first lane change so I end up not signaling for the next one or more lane changes - annoying! Almost as annoying as the seat-belt reminder in our Odyssey, but not quite... lol Anyway, when I pulled up to meet my buddy, I went to manually cancel the turn signal (just turned into the parking lot) and ended up honking at him from about 5 feet away - made him jump a little... lol

They are indeed very annoying and I would venture to say, dangerous.

There is a way to disable them in a thread on this forum but unfortunately the wiring on the 800X which I have is different so I'm still trying to find out how to disable them.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

You could also take some pics of your VFR parked next to his Ducati when his bike is up on a repair stand at the Ducati dealership

Repair ? What repairs ?

Ducatis just need regular maintenance. It just so happens that "regular maintenance" involves replacing major mechanical components at most every service interval.

You rice worshipping philistine ! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

After taking the VFR1200 to work this morning, the difference in the riding position from the Crossrunner is startling. I may have to consider bar-risers on the 1200. :blush:

I can't imagine how uncomfortable a bike like the Pani must be to ride any significant distance (wouldn't stop me doing it mind you! :wheel:).

Bar risers are definitely in my future - I ordered the .95 MotoPumps. Looks like I'll need to loosen up some of the cables (where they connect to the bars)  to reach but it'll be worth it.

That's a great picture by the way with the two of them together

lol  yeah not too bad.  Not that easy to tell from the pictures but his bike is noticeably smaller in real life - even though it's got a bigger engine...

• 2 months later...

Still a great looking bike....

I know which bike you would want to be on for a 250+ mile ride in the mountains of Montana

I think they peaked at the 848/1098. The newer bikes certainly are sexy, but if I ever bought a super sport model Ducati, it'd be one of those (Nicky Hayden 848 if I'm being specific.)

• Member Contributer

Agree with you GG BUT, Ducati has a brand name that many people put a very high value on.  Honda doesn't have that brand "value" in spite of the attributes a VFR has over some Ducs.  People get very EMOTIONAL from just owning a Duc but almost never over owning a bike from Honda.  Duc riders will tolerate the high maintenance, poor comfort, and other faults just because it's a Duc.  Same with Ferrari, for example.  They're anything but a reliable, practical car but for status (whatever that's worth), they're hard to beat.  I'll just be a poor serf on the wrong side of the moat riding a VFR.....

They're not that much more difficult to acquire than a Honda. Honda tends to build appliances, though, same as their cars. Not that they aren't fun and don't have plenty of good attributes, but not everyone is happy safe and sensible.

Archived