Stator Confusion

Kedge

Alright folks looks like it's my turn to suffer electrical gremlins. I've confirmed the stator is toast on my 2002 and I'm confused on what part number I need for a replacement. It looks like, based on my measurements, that I do have the new larger stator so will any 2003+ do?  F80i-MeyYKR1zt0RyUyXWDGwIQ3V0hN4QE1ygBc3

Thanks for the advice. New stator is definitely the same size as the old one. Got that Installed along with a Rick's regulator/rectifier today. Just waiting on a VFRness and then a new battery and she should be all good to go again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, Kedge said:

Thanks for the advice. New stator is definitely the same size as the old one. Got that Installed along with a Rick's regulator/rectifier today. Just waiting on a VFRness and then a new battery and she should be all good to go again!

Good for you doing all those together.  That's how I did it on my 2004.  Did you use the string trick to fish the new stator connector to the right side?

1 hour ago, 2thdr said:

Good for you doing all those together.  That's how I did it on my 2004.  Did you use the string trick to fish the new stator connector to the right side?

I did, and it worked like a charm! I'm getting around 14.2 volts at the battery at idle now with the VFRness installed.

In my case, I only replaced the burnt out stator and the bike is back on the road. I've also relocated the rectifier to the back near the passenger foot peg to allow for fresh air cool the rectifier. I live in the tropics (Nigeria). The rectifier now cools down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived