RC213v op costs

14 hours ago, RC36Rider said:

OMG, the maintenance schedule is more onerous than a combat helicopter's. :blink:

I want one ! :wub:

As much as I'd like one too, given the choice, I think I'd have to go with this:    :D

blue-Thunder_0-700x300.jpg

Look at the crap I'm breathing in every day!  :(

• Member Contributer

Nah.....  it is a Honda, just do a "Baileyrock".....   :goofy:

Valve check at 100k miles or so....

• Member Contributer

That's intense. I guess the kind of people that can buy one, and the race ECU/package can afford it. Seems a little steep considering a SBK R1 build from EDR or Graves will cost about as much, has similar HP numbers, and can run all season before it needs to have engine parts checked for tolerance.

Does anyone know how that compares to the Ducati Desmosedicci in maintenance per hour?

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Seems a little steep considering a SBK R1 build from EDR or Graves will cost about as much

The thing is ridiculously expensive in every way but that's exactly why it is a dream bike. :wub:

• Member Contributer
On 4/18/2017 at 5:07 PM, RC36Rider said:

The thing is ridiculously expensive in every way but that's exactly why it is a dream bike. :wub:

I would call that a nightmare bike.  Who are you going to trust to do that maintenance?  I can write a check for the bike but I have the money because I don't buy impractical stupid things like that.  A plain old VFR seems a lot more fun to own that monstrosity.  Power isn't everything.  Fun is close to everything.  

• Member Contributer

Remember that Honda's criteria, will be the same as the race bike, i.e. flat out use. If used hard on track then see how it goes, but if used on the road, regular oil changes should keep it ticking along nicely. Even if used on track, just keep the revs down from silly RPM & it will last much longer.

Even so, it will need torn down often to check bearing surfaces etc.  It's a bit of a white rabbit, when compared to the Ducati V4 or Panigale if you stick to that schedule, the thing would be worn out in a couple of years just from the teardowns.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bent said:

I would call that a nightmare bike.

Yeah, maybe. :wink:

I don't think I would actually buy one even if I won the lottery. It would likely kill the dream. :laugh:

It would certainly kill my delusions of adequacy as a rider. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 4/20/2017 at 11:49 AM, RC36Rider said:

Yeah, maybe. :wink:

I don't think I would actually buy one even if I won the lottery. It would likely kill the dream. :laugh:

It would certainly kill my delusions of adequacy as a rider. :goofy:

If you won the lottery and decided to learn to be a world class rider, don't you think you could do that?  

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Bent said:

If you won the lottery and decided to learn to be a world class rider, don't you think you could do that?  

No, I don't. I believe in talent and I'm quite sure I'm not racer material no matter how hard I could try. 

Doesn't stop me from doing the odd track day and having great fun, though.

This is me finally getting my knee down --->:woohoo: :laugh:

• Member Contributer

List prices... All I can say is, keep your eyes peeled.  I know for a fact that ultra-exotic Honda parts list prices are meaningless after a period of time, because Honda isn't going to have the spares in stock anyway, and those that do have them will sell them at whatever price they think they can get at a particular time.  About ten years ago David Silver Spares in the UK had a lot of NR spare parts, for example, no doubt scrounged up from bankrupt or stock-clearing Honda dealers around the world.  They sold them for much, MUCH less than the Honda "list price", because they wanted to sell them and didn't want to wait forever for the "right" buyer to come along.  I just wish I'd bought more when I could have...because when I went back later, everything was gone.  :mad:

Ciao,

Archived