Hopefully joining the VFR ranks in a couple weeks

Superballs

Hi everyone,

Looking to join the ranks of VFR Riders soon.  If all goes well, picking up a 5th gen (1999) in a couple weeks.  Almost cringed at the mileage (115,000KM), but if it's anything like my 84 v45, it's barely even broken in.

Excited to go up and see it, like it and buy it, even if this one is "not the one" I'll be shopping around.  Thankfully I'm up and down between Windsor and Toronto regularly so it's not too hard to find one, though around these parts, just having one is looking to be a pretty unique ideal.

Once I get it (or one) home, I'll upload some pics.

• Member Contributer

Hope you get it. It is obvious you have great taste in mc's.

That is roughly 72,000 mi. My first 2001 Interceptor was KIA by a hooved forest rat at 105,000 mi. (169,000 km) and was still running like a fine Japanese watch. I took an oil sample immediately before it's demise and sent it to Blackstone Labs. The report is in my gallery. Their conclusion was the machine was in above average in wear for the mileage. "Nice bike!". And I did my oil changes at ~8,000 mi as called for in the manual.

So yours is probably mid-life.  

Midlife is great.

I do put a lot of mileage on my bikes, though my v45 had no speedometer, so it's forever at 19000 and change KM.  In general, from March to November, I'm as close to 100% motorcycle as I can be, so this bike will likely not be any different.

I've been staring down the VFR for a couple years now, and I hope I get it too.

Archived