Missing parts for raising the seat

jdsto

Hey guys. I picked my bike up last fall and it had the seat in the low position. I wanted to try the seat at the high position and I discovered that it needs a couple of bolts and collars to support the front of the seat

I wasn't given anything by the dealer and I couldn't find them hidden under the seat. Should they be hidden somewhere on the bike or do I need to be making a trip to the dealer?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep. Checked the tool kit, and under each seat. Even checked the box the seat cowl came in. Bike was a demo, I'm guessing that they were lost or set aside by the dealer and forgotten.

• Member Contributer

Hi jdsto.

If all else fails the seat raising spacers would be very easy to make, using aluminium or mild steel round stock.

Dimensions,  Diameter = 28mm, Height = 20mm, Hole Diameter = 6.4mm, Bolt Length = 34mm M6 Bolt

Note - Bolt hole recessed to allow bolt head to sit flush with top of spacer.

Good Luck.

P.S. Sorry about the out of focus pic.

P4100199.JPG

bike should have probably been delivered with all these parts installed and the seat in the higher position from the factory leaving the customer the option to lower it.  So the question becomes...where had that bike been before you got it?  

Update: the parts cost about $25 and the dealer won't provide them because the sales order is closed. Stealership would rather I be pissed off than supply $25 worth of parts. There cost would actually be less than the $25. Customer service is a foreign word to them. I suppose it's time to leave some reviews online.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, jdsto said:

Update: the parts cost about $25 and the dealer won't provide them because the sales order is closed. Stealership would rather I be pissed off than supply $25 worth of parts. There cost would actually be less than the $25. Customer service is a foreign word to them. I suppose it's time to leave some reviews online.

Hi jdsto.

Agree pathetic customer service. If they had a good look in their workshop they might find them. Perhaps you could forget the Stealership and go direct to Honda Canada customer service, explain your tale of woe, they might supply them to you FOC. Failing that I'd be making them myself. Good Luck.

Really sorry to hear that. If you were in Montreal, I would suggest that we organize a nice ride with some fellow riders to head over to the dealershop and perhaps block access to the parking lot until he provides you with the full set of items your bike should have come with. I'd be tempted to ride up to Toronto just for that! 

Good luck!

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, jdsto said:

I would be demanding to see the boss.  It was a std part with the new bike and should be supplied. Go back and hassle them if still no joy the contact Honda Canada 

Well Honda Canada was zero help. Basically said it was an issue between the dealer and myself. They did contact the dealer and said the dealer would be contacting me. Not holding my breath.

Mine came without them as well. No tool kit either. Got the bike new for US $7,000 OTD in August 2016. US base model. called the stealership the next day, asked for chain adjustment tool only. got one in the mail in 3 days. Did not know I was missing seat adjustment kit. can fabricate my own if needed. Also, no rear seat cowl, or base US model does not come with one??

Archived