Black widow full exhaust

Jock3

Looking at buying a full exhaust system for the vfr but I have some questions for perhaps you guys who have bought this from Black Widow. 

*Does it go up in internal diameter compared to stock? 

*was it welded good, I mean like with no burn throughs? 

*does the 4th gen system fit the 3rd gen?  Since it looks like the 4th gen system is way better flow to the slip on bit than the 3rd gen. I don't use the crappy center stand. 

*have you ordered it outside the UK and how long was the shipping? 

Best regards 

Jocke 

Screenshot_20170408-090122.png

Screenshot_20170408-090144.png

Black widow had a shady past as "Sandy bike spares", but supposedly they're okay now, as long as you keep in mind, they're a factory replacement brand, not a performance brand.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I would like to get a set just to run a camera down through just to see if better than in the past. not going to spend $300 just to check but if you send me a set I will inspect them lol

Haha ? 

I reason as you do, ain't paying for poor dynamics and bad welding. But I am still curious about changing the stock collector box to a more efficient exhaust. Any other  ideas in case these turn out to be totally crap? Haven't found any good spare parts where I live. 

• 2 weeks later...

The factory 1998/1999 headers are about as good as it gets, unless you track down an erion racing, two brothers racing header or go custom $$$.

• Member Contributer

It's not the welds on the outside to worry about so much.  This is an example of their past work:

gallery_17890_5602_264950.png

Maybe it's better now, maybe not.  Do you want to spend $300 to find out?

• Member Contributer

"my butt-dyno sez this inside weld is a mod that gives me +10BHP due to it swirling the exhaust gasses which helps scavenging"

:goofy:

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

"my butt-dyno sez this inside weld is a mod that gives me +10BHP due to it swirling the exhaust gasses which helps scavenging"

:goofy:

Yes, you can unleash the full factory power with those!

The factory 1998/1999 headers are about as good as it gets, unless you track down an erion racing, two brothers racing header or go custom $$$.

Yet the o.p. is referring to previous gens.

Doubt the 5th gen exhausts swap in.

Maybe I am delusional. Has been known to happen.

25 minutes ago, Auspanglish said:

Yet the o.p. is referring to previous gens.

Doubt the 5th gen exhausts swap in.

Maybe I am delusional. Has been known to happen.

Sorry my bad, yeah forgot he was talking about the 3rd/4th gen, but there are still two brothers headers floating around out there for the 3rd/4th gen, that are exponentially better than the ebay offerings. If I was OP I would find the cleanest oem fourth gen header I could, get it ceramic coated and add slip on of his choice or start trolling for the 3rd/4th gen Two Brothers full system. They seem to be about twice as common as the 5th gen full systems....

Archived