Just all around issues

Abe3992

I do a lot of side work on Harleys but my shop is always open to anything that needs to be fixed. I've gotten my hands on a 1983 V65 Magna that was brought to me not running after sitting for 2 years. The plugs were replaced about a year and a half ago (owners attempt to fix) I've drained all the gas out of it flushed carbs out with cleaner whole 9 yards. Finally got the bike running but when it's running the rear left head is leaking fuel where the exhaust comes in while the bike is running . Its also smoking very bad (white smoke). Replaced plugs again because all the signs pointed to it. After new plugs the bike will not start, won't even try to start, out the old plugs back in and same issue with the not starting ordeal. Is there something I'm over looking here or could there possible be a bigger problem?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Stuck float? Any evidence of fuel in the oil? The carbs likely need to be disassembled to be cleaned properly. 

Other than that the usual check compression spark integrity etc. If someone has turned the engine over without grounding the plug wires the CDI may be damaged. 

Archived