Dave Moss 5th gen specific fork service video

Epyon007

YouTube link

Dave is the Man when it comes to suspension.  I have learned a TON from him and he is VERY helpful on the fly.  This should be a great video.  I'm doing my DMR carts soon so I'm going to get this one!  It's a few bucks but totally worth it.

• Member Contributer

Hey Doug, I tried the link and received this:

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

:warranty:

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Hey Doug, I tried the link and received this:

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

:warranty:

Where are you connecting to the internet? The video works for me but then again, I'm in Commie-fornia... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I tried again today and the link works fine now.

Commie-fornia! Funny.

• Member Contributer

He might be a legend, but I can't see what info would be worth paying for on servicing the standard forks. 

They are under sprung, overdamped and have ports that are so restrictive that you can't even reshim them  successfully. 

Maybe there is more to the video 

10 hours ago, VFROZ said:

He might be a legend, but I can't see what info would be worth paying for on servicing the standard forks. 

They are under sprung, overdamped and have ports that are so restrictive that you can't even reshim them  successfully. 

Maybe there is more to the video 

If your a noobie I'd say 3 bucks isn't too bad for some extra help.  I did my forks on my RC51 and would have easily paid $3 for a video walk through.  I had the service manual which only helped so much, same thing with forums.  But to each their own.  I'll be giving Dave my $3 so I can get it over with faster and correctly.

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, vegaquark said:

This totally breaks the purpose of this forum and the entire internet. There is no meaning on paying for knowledge nowadays. You have ads for that, and that is totally enough.

Are you looking for a video on fork seal replacement or valve/shim/spring changes? If it's the former, there are plenty of free videos on Youtube for that, the latter topic, I'm sure one could find one as well.

Are you looking for a video on fork seal replacement or valve/shim/spring changes? If it's the former, there are plenty of free videos on Youtube for that, the latter topic, I'm sure one could find one as well.

Nope, i'm just here watching how this boat (free internet sharing of knowledge) slowly sinks because of pure greed. I'm a mechanic so this video was not a must for me, just got my interest because of the clickbait title, but then they REQUIRED me to pay... Wtf, not even a donation request like wikipedia, but a requirement? At first i was like, this is wrong, something went wrong and my youtube broke or something, but then i re-read the post and went nuts... This is bad my friends, really bad, but people starts to see it as "normal", and that is what is really bad.
If you want profit out of a video this is definetly not the way to go.

Archived