New round these here parts

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am new to the vfr world but not new to riding, have been riding the street for roughly 10 years with a small mix of different motorcycles. My friend has a 97(I think ) that I borrowed a few years ago. I had the bike for a decent ammount of time and fell in love with it. Soooooo I purchased a red 1994 vfr750f this monday from the second owner, it had 13,005 miles and is to date the nicest example of a almost completely unmolested vfr I have ever seen. It has never been dropped and has lived life in the garage its entire life. The original owner put about 6.5k miles on it and the second owner purchased it in 2001 and put roughly the same miles himself. Obviously the carbs were clogged so just a quick clean up as soon as we got home and everything is perfect!!!

20170403_195701.jpg

20170403_190007.jpg

20170404_000111.jpg

20170403_234642.jpg

20170402_185438.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Nice intro post. I'm sure you'll get along just fine in here.

• Member Contributer

Awesome find congrats!  I will have to get a 4th gen VFR someday to complete the collection.

• Member Contributer

Nice 4th gen. I owned one for 7 years. They are a very special ride, somewhat a personal fit sporty toury bike. I still miss mine, even thought I sold it long ago.... 

• Member Contributer

Hey Chesk, that's a very nice 4 gen. Welcome to vfrd - it's a good site populated by a wide variety of V4 lovers. I had a 94 for a few years, then sold it to my cousin - she takes good care of it and rides it out of Denver. Nice Hawk you have in the background or the garage photo, too.

Hey everyone thanks for the welcome!

Took the old girl for a spin today here around the neighborhood and i had a grin plastered on my face the entire time. What a blast! I originally went looking for a vfr for its comfortable sport toury feel, good range and most of all great reliability, I live in northern san diego and commute to down town everyday for work, roughly 80 miles round trip a day the vfr was going to make those 80 miles actually bearable but now im not certain I can bear to put so many miles on it!

As for the hawk in the background, it originally belonged to my girlfriend. Who has since become the wife, its been non oped for about 4 years and is finally getting some much needed love just the basics, front end swap, monster tail swap, digital dash, rear shock, full exhaust, you know just "minor work".

Archived