Just picked up a 93 vfr750f

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

The fuel pump relay should be there any day now.

Picked up this 94 cbr900rr roller for parts. The tail on this has already been modified and I think the plastics are not for this year CBR. It looks like the 929 tail but with an undertail kit. It came with both seats too so that's​ pretty much everything for the tail swap on the vfr. The cbr suspension will go on my cb750. Not sure about the other cbr fairings. They are in tack for the most part.

The vfr is tagged now after passing inspection so I can do the modifications and not go back through for awhile.

Started putting the cb750 engine back together today but didn't have all the gaskets so I washed years of dirt, grime, and neglect off the vfr instead. She came up pretty darn nice.126992abac919d43ba8a213dc7ea6f8e.jpg46d2e5d3bddf2d29123233858f271340.jpg

A man with nice toys....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I've found a lot of joy and feelings of accomplishment fixing up these old junkers. Something I wish I would have learned to do a long time ago. Better late than never though.

• Member Contributer

Me too, learned a long time ago, left off for too long.....now catchup time! Although full projects don't go very fast on a budget.....very satisfying indeed.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

New tires and valve stems are on! This project is getting a little expensive.

Still debating what to do for fairings. Fit mine or replace. Gen 5 kits are easy to come by. How close is the gen 5 kit to the gen 3? I see the headlight is different how do the mounting holes line up? I only found one example of this online. I'd think it would be more common if it was easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived