Seat cowl stuck

Shwat

16 hours ago, Pjcliffo said:

Try wd40 in the key hole then turn the key a few times to lube. Turn key and hold in that position while you gently lift the back edge of the cowl.

Will give it a go!

Currently there isnt any resistance when you turn the key. I cant remember what it felt like before so I cant compare..

32 minutes ago, chinook said:

Just tried mine and no resistance noted. Just turn the key from 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock and the cowl is realised. Good to see another vfr rider in sunny cheshire :cool:

Still cant get mine open! :(

Did toy do the Egg Run? Seen a red VFR about

40 minutes ago, Shwat said:

Still cant get mine open! :(

Did toy do the Egg Run? Seen a red VFR about

Did the stoke egg run a couple of years ago but on a fireblade then. 

Rode out to llanberis yesterday dodging the welsh police all day.

On 4/3/2017 at 8:02 PM, chinook said:

Did the stoke egg run a couple of years ago but on a fireblade then. 

Rode out to llanberis yesterday dodging the welsh police all day.

I don't do enough pleasure riding, and only the egg run on the VFR where I got knocked off by an uninsured scooter :'(

• Member Contributer

Locksmith time I feel before you break it

I actually had mine break on me early on in my ownership. Same thing as you, no resistance on the key and latch didn't release. I replaced the mechanism if I remember correctly. I wish I could remember exactly what I did, But I think I was able to remove the a piece on the underside of the plate holder and pull the release. I'll try and give some more info later when I can look at my bike or a parts fiche. I know I was able to open without breaking anything though. 

Okay, I remembered what I did.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2015/VFR800FD+2AC/REAR+FENDER/parts.html

You should be able to remove the light cover #15 and reach inside to the latch and unlock it by hand. It might be a tight fit but it should do the trick. 

4 hours ago, Tgoranson said:

I actually had mine break on me early on in my ownership. Same thing as you, no resistance on the key and latch didn't release. I replaced the mechanism if I remember correctly. I wish I could remember exactly what I did, But I think I was able to remove the a piece on the underside of the plate holder and pull the release. I'll try and give some more info later when I can look at my bike or a parts fiche. I know I was able to open without breaking anything though. 

Okay, I remembered what I did.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2015/VFR800FD+2AC/REAR+FENDER/parts.html

You should be able to remove the light cover #15 and reach inside to the latch and unlock it by hand. It might be a tight fit but it should do the trick. 

Will give it a go! Thanks :)

Archived