Front Brake Hose - Could Be A Real Issue, feedback please!

Grum

• Member Contributer

Hi All.

I have serious concerns about the way the front brake hose is mounted/supported to the frame just opposite the upper left fork area (see photo) where the flexible hose meets a solid fitting, the hose is about 5 inches long before it is clamped to the lower fork bridge. Turning the steering full lock each direction appears to really stress this 5 inch section of hose at the frame solid fitting. Worries of a hose rupture!!!

Would appreciate all thoughts from the wise on this potentially dangerous hose arrangement. Considering contacting Honda about this.

Cheers.

Grum.

Front_Brake_Hose.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 3/31/2017 at 1:37 PM, bobbyn said:

Honda has too many engineers and lawyers building motorcycles. Worry about something worthwhile, like where to ride your VFR.

While I generally agree with you, history is full of engineers' failures.  That's why there are TSBs, recalls, etc.  Sometimes the failures are somewhat more epic.  I enjoy citing the infamous Tacoma Narrows Bridge as an example.

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

While I generally agree with you, history is full of engineers' failures.  That's why there are TSBs, recalls, etc.  Sometimes the failures are somewhat more epic.  I enjoy citing the infamous Tacoma Narrows Bridge as an example.

Well said Rectaltronics totally agree with you.

Have sent an e-mail to Honda MPE Australia waiting on technical assessment of this issue. PLEASE everyone don't take this issue lightly, it has the potential to KILL. Its easy to keep a regular eye on the hose joint. will keep you informed with any feedback from Honda.

Cheers.

Grum.

• Member Contributer
41 minutes ago, fink said:

Is it not the same on the Vtec and St13 as with other bike with abs?

Good point Fink but not sure. We didn't get the ABS version 6th Gen in Australia, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have this hose situation with my three 6th gens. Also not sure about the ST1300. Have you tried moving your steering full lock and noticed the strain on the hose? What's your thoughts?

Cheers.

Archived