MotoAmerica at Utah Motorsports Campus

AJS

Is anyone planning on riding there from the Phoenix area. My plan is to take a couple of days to get there, enjoy the racing, and maybe 3 or 4 days to get home. Probably ride into Wyoming and Colorado on the way home.

I've never been to that facility. Is there anything about it I should know? I've already bought the tickets!

• Member Contributer

Hmmm. While I'd not be riding from the southwest, and having not considered it before, now that you mention it, I may attend from the east. I go to the Road America event every year at the first of June. And since Utah is my favorite state to ride in, there is a new incentive to go. If so, perhaps we could hook up at the track. Do they have camping within the grounds?

3 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Hmmm. While I'd not be riding from the southwest, and having not considered it before, now that you mention it, I may attend from the east. I go to the Road America event every year at the first of June. And since Utah is my favorite state to ride in, there is a new incentive to go. If so, perhaps we could hook up at the track. Do they have camping within the grounds?

I'd love to get together, maybe even ride some of the state when the racings over. As for the camping, I have no idea.

• Member Contributer
On 3/29/2017 at 6:07 PM, AJS said:

I'd love to get together, maybe even ride some of the state when the racings over. As for the camping, I have no idea.

Great. And the after-riding also sounds fabulous. The website seems to be in beta; no info on camping. Road America has tent camping within the track area. Hoping for same in UT.

I'll work to see if I can make it; it's not for-sure yet.

• Member Contributer
On 3/29/2017 at 1:38 PM, MaxSwell said:

Do they have camping within the grounds?

Yes, but it's not ideal.......mostly dirt :(

• Member Contributer
13 minutes ago, slo1 said:

Yes, but it's not ideal.......mostly dirt :(

Thank you. RA has showers for campers. How about UMC?

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Thank you. RA has showers for campers. How about UMC?

Yep, the most amazing facilities other than camping...... Showers, water, etc.. They are just more slanted toward Motor Homes. I have friends that camp thereĀ on local race weekends. I feel a 45 minute drive is worth it for MY warm bed, but I am old.. ;)

Archived