Good deal?

• Member Contributer

1996 VFR 750 near me with 35,700 miles, says to be in excellent condition. Asking $2,650 with a clean title. The other one I'm looking at is a 6th gen with really low miles, but $4,800. I was a previous 6th gen owner and am getting seduced again!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome back to the dark side of V4 ownership (GDCs).  The 750 is without a doubt the best carbed VFR ever. lighter and more flickable than the 3rd gen.

Before pulling the trigger on a 4th or 5th gen purchase ask for close up, detailed pics of all plastics and the mounting tabs for them.  No new Honda plastics are available for the 4th gen and I hear only what is in stock at dealers for the 5th gen.

Would only consider a 2006 or later 6G if I were in the market for one.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, 2thdr said:

00C0C_3LXu6TzVt09_1200x900.jpg

I may know who the P.O. of the 4th gen might be.   Will PM details.

I got my 94 two years ago for $2,200 with 24,000 miles on it in very good condition. If it is truly in excellent condition then it may be worth $2,600.

As far as the 4th vs 6th gen, I'm no help. 

• Member Contributer

Nice pipe Doc. 'Bout time you got back to the VFR crowd. Sixths will be around for a while; the elder VFRs not so much.

Hope we can ride together again some day.

Terry Yaki.

• Member Contributer
Nice pipe Doc. 'Bout time you got back to the VFR crowd. Sixths will be around for a while; the elder VFRs not so much.
Hope we can ride together again some day.
Terry Yaki.

Hey Terry! I'm toying with the idea of adding a VFR, but no action yet...

• Member Contributer

Really just depends on what you want to do with it and how you ride.  Agreed with AA that it's much easier to find a 6th gen.  Good condition 4th gens are getting harder and harder to find!  But...so are parts!

• Member Contributer

Finding plastic may be tough for older-than-fifth-gen VFRs. But that's only a concern for peeps that crash frequently. (blush)

I think its likely that the Good Doctor's risk is less than average in that category.

After all, there have to be those who bring the crash/mile ratio back to average to balance out the Fall Risk -ers like me.:ph34r:

22 hours ago, coupedupsubie said:

As far as replacement fairings or fixing broken pieces, it's all about what you are willing to learn to do

I will be trying some plastic welding with the Harbor Fright tool soon.

Don't want to spend $160 or $180 or whatever on a new front fender for my 5th gen.

Just received a suitable chunk of broken abs material from Mr Swell. Thanks man!

Oo I'd go take a peek,  then if all looks ok as far as bike stuff in general, tires, brakes, chain, starts up fine, I'd pull the trigger if i was in your shoes. Those 4th gens are a sweet ride. I wouldn't sweat the parts are hard to get thing. Don't drop it. ;)

• Member Contributer
On 3/27/2017 at 7:14 PM, Cogswell said:

I may know who the P.O. of the 4th gen might be.   Will PM details.

Yes! That is my old bike!  I sold it to the current owner 2 yrs ago. PM me and I can tell you all about it.  

• Member Contributer

Well I went for a newer one...thanks for all the comments and help.  This is bar none the best forum on the web...

Archived