Delkevic Exhaust on my 8th Gen

mkulrey13

Whats going on everybody. I recently installed a DL10 Delkevic slip on exhaust onto my 2014 VFR800FD. It sounds absolutely amazing. I could not be any happier. Below is the link to the video I made for the install which has sound clips etc. Also I am starting a YouTube channel up so if you could subscribe that would be awesome too I really would appreciate it. My content will include my VFR, Guns, and shenanigans on my plated KTM dirt bike. 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwRQ4zhfl8

Delkevic_Exhaust_zpsvcwcrexo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Did you install a Power Commander or remap in any way? Did installing the new can change the feel of the engine?

Good looking bike you have there.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice sound! I may have to consider one of those for my 5th-Gen! Anyone know if the stainless Delkevics with the angled outlet sound similar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

There is no difference in tune at all.  It won't change anything significantly airflow wise in this case until you either have a nearly non-existant muffler or open header, because the catalyst creates it's own backpressure and restriction.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at the Delkivic slip-ons for my 03.  The V4 really sounds amazing when you let it sing!

thanjs for posting.  Looks and sounds great

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/11/2017 at 11:54 AM, lazyeye said:

Did you install a Power Commander or remap in any way? Did installing the new can change the feel of the engine?

Good looking bike you have there.

No re-mapping is required but it will markedly change the low rpm response on an 8th gen. such as going around very tight corners in mountains.   The stock can apparently significantly chokes down the engine most noticeably at very low rpms.  The bike will not "bog down" at lower rpms.  That's my experience.  Plus, the weight savings is significant.  FWIW.  

Archived