• 20-29 years
    • 30-39 years
    • 40-49 years
    • 50-59 years
    • 60-69 years
    • 70-79 years

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Pinkhairman said:

Just thought I'd say that I didn't fit into any of the age options as an 18 year old, which I thought was kinda funny. Judging by the age of the other owners, it seems I made a good decision on what bike to buy. The young often make rash decisions without the experience or wisdom neccessary to choose the right option and end up regretting it not long into the future. The more experienced, meanwhile, draw upon their wisdom and make choices that they need not regret. I find this to be doubly true in regards to vehicles (the amount of flashy, ruined Civics out there are testament to this).

Yeah I noticed the same thing and it's on the opposite end too since it tops out at 79 - I guess when you hit 80 you're required to hand over your VFR keys?  I fell into the 40 - 49 category but I hope I can still ride when I'm 80!  Good for you in trying to learn from your elders!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my 2016 8th gen was my 50th birthday present from my wife.

My first VFR, but my 3rd Honda.

You read correctly. It's the legendary, mythical, fabled WAMP! (Wife Approved Motorcycle Purchase)

At 19 years old I am a young Padawan, learning about the ancient(early gen) VFR order. You may think that I am falling on to the dark side if you've seen my custom build, but I assure you that I still see the light. 

Pushing 49 pretty hard, and amused to find myself on a bike again. Very much enjoying my '00 VFR, though--now that I've replaced the stator (22,311 miles, but age can be a factor, too), R/R and charging path, and installed a BrakeAway...
...Next projects: Voltmeter install, new tires, PCIII, cosmetic fixes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Qozeris said:

Im 24, my first bike is VFR, its forsg seasson for me :)

Išsiųsta naudojantis HUAWEI CRR-L09 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Welcome to the asylum, you pup.

This will be my first actual post! However i've been coming to this web site for a couple of years to get info on repairs! Purchased a 2004 VFR800 2 years ago with only 2424 miles, (true story) best part only gave $3100 bucks for it. Just clicked of 26876 miles yesterday while frying another Stator! :( As for my age....i've been riding sport bikes for 35 years (Body) as for the (mind) well, I have a 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R for trackday excursions, maybe do 6,7,8 of the a year. Funny thing is if I search through a web browser I can find info on this site, but if I log in, well lets just say I end up writing a totally useless intro. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Jkrob175 said:

This will be my first actual post! However i've been coming to this web site for a couple of years to get info on repairs! Purchased a 2004 VFR800 2 years ago with only 2424 miles, (true story) best part only gave $3100 bucks for it. Just clicked of 26876 miles yesterday while frying another Stator! :( As for my age....i've been riding sport bikes for 35 years (Body) as for the (mind) well, I have a 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R for trackday excursions, maybe do 6,7,8 of the a year. Funny thing is if I search through a web browser I can find info on this site, but if I log in, well lets just say I end up writing a totally useless intro. 

Sweet.  I had picked up a '97 with under 6K on it back on 2007.  Not mint but close enough for government work.  Picked it up for something like $3000, put another few hundred into it and got a lot of enjoyment out of it before it was senselessly slaughtered by the pilot of a U-Haul in 2014.  It had an "interesting" back story.  But it worked out well enough.

• Member Contributer

I am 55 and 5/6ths as Terry put it, and just returned to the VFR fold last month after about a four year hiatus exploring my naked and ADV sides. My first one was a 6th gen 2004 model. Now I have a 2007.
2007VFR800.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, 2thdr said:

I am 55 and 5/6ths as Terry put it, and just returned to the VFR fold last month after about a four year hiatus exploring my naked and ADV sides. My first one was a 6th gen 2004 model. Now I have a 2007.
2007VFR800.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Say Dr. Tooth, how did exploring naked work out with the tourists? (I've heard that it does pay to advertise.)

• Member Contributer
30 minutes ago, LucaBrasi said:

Great looking bike Max - congratulations.

! That is not my bike, it's 2thdr's. I only ride fifths. :tour:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

! That is not my bike, it's 2thdr's. I only ride crash fifths. :tour:

fixed that for ya! :goofy:

Each time I walk past the rack with duct tape in the DIY I look for the red one..... 

Thank you for the memories :beer:  (and that you bought that C3..)

• Member Contributer
Say Dr. Tooth, how did exploring naked work out with the tourists? (I've heard that it does pay to advertise.)

As long as I kept the front wheel "up" it wasn't a problem

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2017 at 0:17 PM, Pinkhairman said:

Just thought I'd say that I didn't fit into any of the age options as an 18 year old, which I thought was kinda funny. Judging by the age of the other owners, it seems I made a good decision on what bike to buy. The young often make rash decisions without the experience or wisdom neccessary to choose the right option and end up regretting it not long into the future. The more experienced, meanwhile, draw upon their wisdom and make choices that they need not regret. I find this to be doubly true in regards to vehicles (the amount of flashy, ruined Civics out there are testament to this).

You sound more mature than 99% of 18 year olds.  Your logic and mindset will serve you well in life. Congrats on your choice.

• Member Contributer

How many can relate to this?
This was me.....hopefully not anymore! All the fun stuff!!

5f419c8c39748ead79bba1e9ae7d2ef5.jpg

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I'm 62.  I'm in great shape, as confirmed every time I look in the mirror

......of course, my eyes aren't so good, especially without my glasses when everything is just a big blur.

Got my first 2014 VFR800 last year in white.  Liked it so much that I got a second 2014 in red this year. 

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

They say that 80 is the new 50 :tongue:

37a22731db5308f5d2174c8077fa1a9f0935837f

George Carlin's older brother.

Archived