• 70-79 years

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Samuelx said:

Hey Lee, I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job!  :D 

Correct. Self employed with no desire to get another "real" job. :happy:

• Member Contributer

There are no old VFR owners.  WTF are you talking about?

6 minutes ago, duccmann said:

What a bunch of old farts
emoji13.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don't spell it pharts. :laugh:

Really you should capitalize. Farts, if not FARTS. :mellow:

On 3/26/2017 at 6:39 AM, BluRoad said:

65...and I've had 19 VFRs (only six currently).

Joe

V4 Dreams (.com)

Wow. What non-Honda motorcycles have owned?

EDIT:  Never mind answering my question, Joe. I perused your websites. Very impressive!

• Member Contributer

Old enough to know better ...that VFRs and V Fours are the best!  :beer:

(43 though, and got my first VFR at 37, first ride on one at 24)

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, thereisnospoon said:

quick dumb question, where can I find the results of the poll?

Top of the page?

• Member Contributer

Got find new in 1998. I was 39 years old. I am 57 and continue to ride it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know no one has been losing any sleep over my follow up to checking out the VFR this past week. But since I started this poll, I thought I'd provide an update. It took a week longer than anticipated but I was fortunate to pick up a new red 2014 Interceptor base from a Honda dealer in Wisconsin. $6,485, had them add a center stand, $7.300 out the door. (I'll pay tax separately in IL). At that price I couldn't pass it up. Check out Cedar Creek Motorsports - if you're in the market, no affiliation, etc etc. Good people to deal with, Ryan was the salesman I dealt with. I was happy I drove the two hours to take advantage of the price.

Just a beautiful bike, Honda did an incredible job designing this thing. Much to learn about the VFR from the many knowledgeable people here. I'll continue to do a lot of reading. Thanks for all the responses.

IMG_2519.JPG

Sweet deal. I assume the centerstand was not $800, so you had dealer fees etc.

Nice. :beer:

I paid $8,000 for my '98 in early 99 with under 2,000 miles.  Forget if that included tax.

• Member Contributer

Luca. I think I want one of those beauties. I miss a my 98 VFR so much a I think Ima gonna die. Age no matter so long as you can ride circles around these young guns.

Just picked up a 2014 DLX on Friday, a similar sweet deal..rode 100 miles home in the pouring rain and still couldn't have been happier. 

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, LucaBrasi said:

I know no one has been losing any sleep over my follow up to checking out the VFR this past week. But since I started this poll, I thought I'd provide an update. It took a week longer than anticipated but I was fortunate to pick up a new red 2014 Interceptor base from a Honda dealer in Wisconsin. $6,485, had them add a center stand, $7.300 out the door. (I'll pay tax separately in IL). At that price I couldn't pass it up. Check out Cedar Creek Motorsports - if you're in the market, no affiliation, etc etc. Good people to deal with, Ryan was the salesman I dealt with. I was happy I drove the two hours to take advantage of the price.

Just a beautiful bike, Honda did an incredible job designing this thing. Much to learn about the VFR from the many knowledgeable people here. I'll continue to do a lot of reading. Thanks for all the responses.

IMG_2519.JPG

Good choice, the guys at Cedar Creek are awesome.  Great dealership and congrats.

8 hours ago, SimonT said:

Just picked up a 2014 DLX on Friday, a similar sweet deal..rode 100 miles home in the pouring rain and still couldn't have been happier. 

Congratulations on the purchase Simon!

• Member Contributer

I'm 67 and 5/6. Got my first VFR in 2006; 180,000+ miles later and I'm Not Dead Yet. (Chris Daniels And The Kings).

And congrats on your new VFR.

Many years ago, we had the 'big list'. which was called that because there were lots of small lists across the US and across the world... I started the one in Australia, OzVFR. Anyway, I digress - in 1999 or so I posted to the big list a topic called "Name? Age? Location? Occupation?" - or something like that. It became a monster and eventually the biggest topic on the list, and gave us the best demographic info we'd had.

So, that aside - I'm 48 in June.

Just thought I'd say that I didn't fit into any of the age options as an 18 year old, which I thought was kinda funny. Judging by the age of the other owners, it seems I made a good decision on what bike to buy. The young often make rash decisions without the experience or wisdom neccessary to choose the right option and end up regretting it not long into the future. The more experienced, meanwhile, draw upon their wisdom and make choices that they need not regret. I find this to be doubly true in regards to vehicles (the amount of flashy, ruined Civics out there are testament to this).

Archived