Replacing Front Brake/Clutch Levers HELP!!!!

5thgendaily

Hello,

I am in the middle of replacing my levers, but I am having trouble with the brake side lever. I can't seem to find where the reservoir pin is supposed to go in. There was a specific spot on the clutch side, and was very easy. Please Help!!!

20170323_153315.jpg

20170323_153320.jpg

20170323_153334.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a feeling you purchased or were sent the wrong fitment - that does not appear to align (understatement).  I’ve installed two sets of the HK levers on my bikes (and a third on a friend’s) and the installation took only a few minutes - it should not be flummoxing you.  

That brake lever will not fit. Not ever. The mounting block is wrong.

I used some PUIG levers for mine. But had to use the brake side mounting block from some ebay cheap levers (which came with the bike) to make it fit. Clutch side was fine.

• Member Contributer

Yes you have the wrong brake lever. The correct one will have a ball socket that engages with the end of the pushrod. IIRC the lever is unique to CBR1100XX and VFR800Fi 98-01 and nothing else. Easy enough to find on eBay.

Thank you all for the replies. I had a feeling there was supposed to be some type of ball socket for the pushrod, it must be the wrong fitment. I've emailed the eBay seller, hopefully I can get the correct one sent asap. Those darn Chinese.... at least they were cheap!

Archived