paint colour for 99 clutch cover

VIFFR

Edit. I was that vht black is pretty close. Anyone used this colour and happy with it?

I dropped my bike a while ago and scratched the clutch cover. I need to do some work on the bone soon so I'll pull it off,file the scratches smooth and give it a coat of paint. 

I can't find a colour code for this particular part. Any of you guys know what it is? 

Thanks!  

IMG_20170323_095356.thumb.jpg.4ad094995474bd826ecb875d00d3121a.jpg

• Member Contributer

I used the VHT Engine Paint Metallic called Black Pearl. I was lazy and didn't even pull the clutch cover off, just masked the bolt heads and oil glass, and sprayed away, feathering into the original paint, and it looks just fine. 

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

• Member Contributer

Or perhaps if you check with VFRD member Sebspeed, you could get one of these.  

Shameless plug I know but they look sooo cool.  No particular mechanical reasoning and no, you're bike won't run any different, but it will be way more unique.  =)

IMG_4186.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

DupliColor Storm Gray Metallic is a dead on match for my 2000 engine cases... only in very harsh light can I see a shade of a difference at all. That would be my recommendation for the clutch cover of any 5th generation Honda VFR 800 engine cases paint.

Archived