New 8th Gen owner :)

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking a while reading up on the VFR among other contenders for my next bike.  Well after much thought I officially am the new owner of a 2015 Victory red vfr800.  My last bike was a 2014 Suzuki Boulevard C90T BOSS and while I really enjoyed it I felt the whole cruiser thing was just not as much fun as I previously owned sportbikes.  I almost bought an 8th gen when I bought the boulevard but the original msrp in 2014 was too high imo...if only Honda would've priced them a bit more aggressively when they brought them here in Canada I think they would've sold better. I was looking at the FJ09, Ninja 1000, GSXS1000F and the triumph Bonneville T120 Black mostly against the VFR and I kept asking myself what bike would satisfy me long term and the Honda just kept coming to the top.  I also looked at the ducati SS but insurance rates are probably the highest in the free world here in Ontario, Canada so I wrote that off and the Ninja just on that metric.  The FJ and GSXS1000F just didn't do it for me in the looks dept.  I know people think the VFR is a little portly but coming off an 800lb porker this will feel like a 250 lol.  The dealer had to locate the bike from another Honda dealership about 4 hours west of Ottawa so I'm now waiting for the bike to make its way here.  I was able to get a pretty good deal on the bike $13464 CDN OTD (all taxes, fees etc) and that also included free first service, 5 year Honda plus warranty and a GIVI V46 topcase and mounting bracket and plate.  I made sure to remind my salesperson to ensure the cowling makes it here with the bike :)  looking forward to the snow melting and salt getting washed away in the next 2-3 weeks hopefully and then i'll be putting on the km's....will post pics once I bring her home.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from a southwestern neighbor.

Congrats on a excellent decision.

Archived