Newby

slider43

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond!

But w/o a picture, you don't exist around here :tongue:

Greetings Slider. Like my learned friend said, you're not really a member til you post a pic so grab that camera and make with the selfies.

Jokes aside, good choice, welcome to the club.

Don't know yr riding history so gonna give the basics anyway. Oil, tyre treads & pressures, Brake & clutch fluids.

Next, check with the Honda website if you're drive shaft replacement has been done. There was a recall on the Gen7 (2010+) because of driveshaft faults.

Open the link below and input your VIN number. If the work is outstanding, take it to your local Honda dealership. The work is all free.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/maintenance/recalls-and-updates.html.

For little paint marks and scratches, a friend of mine in the trade introduced me to the G3 range of products. They do scratch removal creams and polishes that are second to none and can be readily bought on amazon / ebay.

Finally, when she's all cleaned up, i got hold of some stone chip film. The best ones i found are from www.thetankslapper.biz in the US. The main guy that works there is Lucas

They do a full set of film specifically for the 1200F, including the panniers if you have them and it's dead easy to fit, even for a complete halfwit like me.

Hope some of this helps.

Have fun & enjoy your new lady

Thank you for the welcomes and for those tips Howesnet! Gonna take some pics when I got back from a business trip, just taking advantage of free time now. I believe the driveshaft recall has been addressed by the previous owner, will double check that! Thanks

Archived