Post your 2017 MotoGP predictions here

Darrenk

I see Marquez taking another championship followed by Vinales. Rossi third, and either Lorenzo or Pedrosa fourth. It's hard to count out Crutchlow and Dovizioso either. I wouldn't be surprised to see Folger as the top rookie and see him getting a podium...

• Member Contributer

Its hard to judge the equipment by what they brought to the first test in Qatar, it seems the main mfgs were getting baselines more than running race simulations (although they did do that).

That being said if I were a betting man I'd say this years championship will go 1. Vinales, 2. Marquez  3. Pedrosa

Maverick is on the top of the test results and the MotoGP writers are trying to manufacture a Maverick vs Marc rivalry. I hope he doesn't let the winning go to his head and get an attitude because I want to like him. Problem is that he's Spanish so the bravado and attitude will come out.

Crutchlow is a great rider but his bike is too chaotic. In an interview last year he complained about how they were testing components and settings on his bike instead of letting him ride a consistent platform.

Marquez is still a win it or bin it racer, and though he's slowed a bit in testing to keep from crashing as much. He's also started a collection of injuries which will slow him down a bit. Once the lights go off at Lossail we'll still have the same old Marquez who will ride it to the limit and either win or crash out.

Pedrosa has always been a consistent rider and may benefit from a fierce rivalry at the front between Vinales and Marquez. If V vs M turns nasty and they are crashing out he will gain position on the podium.

Rossi has the talent and experience but he's slowing down. I may be a VR fanboy but the numbers don't lie. I think it'd be great if he won a tenth championship but GP is a younger man's game and he's going to be playing development in the Yamaha garage for 2017-2018.

Even though the Ducatis are testing well I just don't think they have a championship in them. Historically they've been great at leading the race for a few laps before they break, crash, get crashed into, or wear out their tyres.

Archived