8th Gen Luggage pics

bobbyn

5 hours ago, andrearonin said:

No problems at all
I remember the Givi rack had problems with the 6th gen and they add a plate to reinforce it, I don't know the current version, I choose the OEM for the better look, and I can assure you it can carry a full top box with a 40l givi soft bag without issues

Thanks -- I'm trying to find the exact part number I'd need to match the Honda rack to the Givi Monokey top case.

I've found this: Givi SR1110 Monokey Adaptor Plate - Honda VFR1200 X / XD Crosstourer

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/206965

But I can't find a VFR800F version. But I assume it'll fit OK, since the VFR1200 and VFR800 racks are both designed to fit the same top-box?

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, HareBrain said:

Thanks -- I'm trying to find the exact part number I'd need to match the Honda rack to the Givi Monokey top case.

I've found this: Givi SR1110 Monokey Adaptor Plate - Honda VFR1200 X / XD Crosstourer

But I can't find a VFR800F version. But I assume it'll fit OK, since the VFR1200 and VFR800 racks are both designed to fit the same top-box?

I've gotten great service by calling Givi. There is a phone number for GiviUSA; I cannot fine one for GiviUK. Good luck.

Also have the45L top case as well. It stays on the bike most of the time. Have had no problems with it either.
IMG_1692.thumb.JPG.a5ed94602bb5d69ddeacfbdb27a6c859.JPG

Ok, that's what I was kind of wondering. I've ridden relatively short periods in heavy rain and get a few splashes in my top case. I don't know if that's normal or not. It's not enough for me to care most of the time, about like a squirt from a water bottle or something, but if I were going on a longer trip and didn't want my clothes to mildew, it might be something I'd have to consider. I was just wondering if the side cases were the same or maybe better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, HareBrain said:

wrong one... I mean that is not what I got and can't tell you anything about it 
Try this one, is the one that I put on the OEM rack :

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_group/givi e251

IMG_8438.JPG

IMG_8439.JPG

IMG_8441.JPG

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Ok, that's what I was kind of wondering. I've ridden relatively short periods in heavy rain and get a few splashes in my top case. I don't know if that's normal or not. It's not enough for me to care most of the time, about like a squirt from a water bottle or something, but if I were going on a longer trip and didn't want my clothes to mildew, it might be something I'd have to consider. I was just wondering if the side cases were the same or maybe better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep my waterproofs in there all the time  and the only problem I've had is not drying them out properly before putting them in.   But  I'm familiar with what you are saying as have that problem on my RT due to a weeping seal  and its mildewed my internal bag and waterproofs for that bike.

• Member Contributer

I'd always put a plastic rubbage bag in the sidecase first (or rucksack for that matter) and then the inner bags and fold in/seal the plastic bag.

Innerbags are great after a long dirty ride as you pull up at the hotel.... :beer:

P8131074.thumb.JPG.dfbb3bfee07693de2e83194575631da8.JPG

Yeah, Latvians have a sense of humor too.... :goofy:

12 hours ago, PetePower said:

Hey Stuby did you need to modify the RHS box to clear exhaust?

No, it doesn't touch it but it's not a stock exhaust.  I think the panniers are the same as an 800f set just come in different colours.

17 hours ago, nomoresumo said:

Kriega soft packs for those that are curious. 

71F7BFBE-5F54-4FCB-8BB8-3AE41BA38EAD.jpeg

6A808AC2-561F-4F8B-AC8A-29B75E7F0AFF.jpeg

I’ve got several of the Kriega dry bags, but was looking to upgrade to hard panniers. I’ve used my Kriega bags for many trips through lots of different weather and can say they are awesome! Never had one come lose, rip or leak.

81D4EF8C-B53E-403B-912C-8EBDA41876DB.jpeg

On 1/12/2018 at 4:30 PM, StubyDoo said:

No, it doesn't touch it but it's not a stock exhaust.  I think the panniers are the same as an 800f set just come in different colours.

They are not exactly the same, with the stock exhaust you need to modify the heat protection shield. I bought 1200 panniers as well and damaged the endcap of the exhaust when putting them on my 800.

Archived