Wheelie in the garage ...

carlgustav

Gotta change my CCTs but I wanted to try this out 1st.  And, I can change out the K&N oil filter I've been using, apparently for far too long, pushing my luck ...

ACE

0305171807.jpg

• Member Contributer

Just bought an ABBA stand recently and was looking forward to being able to use it in some of the positions they show you can use it in. Should make removing the headers easier, which is something on my to do list.

• Member Contributer

Wow, u got the superdeluxehydraulic ABBA.... Very nice!

Yep, it's expensive but I have 3 different bikes I can lift with it.  The adapters are inexpensive, about $35 I think.

Duc2V4, I found getting the VFR on the stand tricky, don't know if you ran into issues.  With the bike on the centerstand, I could not get the lift under the bike with the swingarm pins lined up.  On the sidestand, I couldn't get the swingarm pins low enough.  I did drop the support arm down to the lowest bolt hole 1st.  I'm not sure what I was overlooking, but I ended up playing around with lifting the front and rear ends to get the pin in.  If you have any insight, would love to hear same ...

ACE

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, carlgustav said:

Yep, it's expensive but I have 3 different bikes I can lift with it.  The adapters are inexpensive, about $35 I think.

Duc2V4, I found getting the VFR on the stand tricky, don't know if you ran into issues.  With the bike on the centerstand, I could not get the lift under the bike with the swingarm pins lined up.  On the sidestand, I couldn't get the swingarm pins low enough.  I did drop the support arm down to the lowest bolt hole 1st.  I'm not sure what I was overlooking, but I ended up playing around with lifting the front and rear ends to get the pin in.  If you have any insight, would love to hear same ...

ACE

Well Ironically I had my 5 Gen on my Pit Bull stands when I moved it over to the ABBA stand so it was really just a matter of getting the ABBA positioned just where everything lined up just right. Long story short, the 5 Gen is under going some repairs and I need to keep it on a stand for longer than I'm able to park my car in the complex outside of my garage. Since the ABBA is movable, the Pit Bulls came out and the ABBA went in. When I get to working on my 6 Gen I'll see what I find that might work out best and let you know. My thinking is that I'll probably use the rear Pit Bull stands and then get the ABBA lined up again. Although that might be "cheating" a little, I'm thinking that's probably going to be the way I'll end up doing it.

The one great thing I like about the ABBA, is that I can now roll the bike around and get it where I need it in order to work on it and then I can roll it under the shelf in my garage when I need to park my car! Win, Win in my book. Since I help quite a few friends with their bikes I ended up getting the "Pro Kit" with it, which made it a little more money but only slightly more than the Kendon folding lift I was looking at. IN addition, it looks like it'll be easier to store than the Kendon would have been. The "Pro Kit" has the pins for 350+ different bikes, so I couldn't pass that up.

• Member Contributer

Last but not least (in my book), the guys at ABBA UK are professional, prompt and friendly. So is the Dutch importer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived