thinking about selling my 8th gen

RC79Scott

Hopefully this is not misplaced / offensive to anyone.  I am not actually selling at this time, just trying to get ideas.

I've got a 2014 Deluxe w/ Akropovic, Honda cases / liners, Honda risers, RadGuard, Knight pegs (not currently installed), Q3's in fantastic condition, shop manual, and all original parts.  Bike condition is near perfect--some light scratches on the screen is all I've ever noticed.  Just changed fluids except oil.  6500 miles approx., used Honda dino oil after break in to 4k, then Honda full synthetic until now.

So, I'm thinking on a trade they are going to offer about $6k.  For it to be feasible to sell to private party I would need $6k + 7% to offset sales tax credit.

I think the bike is easily worth $8k, and I would like at least $7.5.  Then again, we all know there are still lots of these around new (at least the standard model).

So, do you think I'm in the ballpark or what?  Too high, too low?

Here are the U.S. prices for my zip code this morning (just the bike, no accessories added):

KBB good condition:  $6490 trade, $9270 retail

NADA:  $7680 low retail, $10105 high retail

• Member Contributer

I agree with Nelix - you'll probably net more $$$ selling/trading it "bone stock" and then selling the goodies like the exhaust, cases, risers, shop manual, etc, to your fellow forum members who can appreciate their value.

Please tell me you're not trading it in for the new Ducati SuperSport!  (j/k)

5 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Please tell me you're not trading it in for the new Ducati SuperSport!  (j/k)

Nice bike, might win if I didn't own either, but looking to go a different direction.

As far as selling the accessories...  Yeah, might have to go that route, but shipping those cases doesn't sound appealing.  I'm more interested in just taking my beating and moving on.  I'm kind of pragmatic about these things.  I love the bike, just ready for something new...  But you know, I got out and washed it today, and then took it for a drying run around the neighborhood.  I thought...I need to have my head examined if I sell this...LOL

• Member Contributer

Sounds like someone has the winter blues

Wait for 6 weeks and your decision will be totally different 

• Member Contributer
On 6 March 2017 at 7:51 AM, RC79Scott said:

Nice bike, might win if I didn't own either, but looking to go a different direction.

As far as selling the accessories...  Yeah, might have to go that route, but shipping those cases doesn't sound appealing.  I'm more interested in just taking my beating and moving on.  I'm kind of pragmatic about these things.  I love the bike, just ready for something new...  But you know, I got out and washed it today, and then took it for a drying run around the neighborhood.  I thought...I need to have my head examined if I sell this...LOL

Yep, when you're on a good thing - stick to it. No need to sell!

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, Thumbs said:

Sounds like someone has the winter blues

Wait for 6 weeks and your decision will be totally different 

Oh, I know.  I was captivated by a Super Duke GT today...and I went to look at "adventure" bikes.

Archived