Givi Panniers and aftermarket exhaust

My dad wrecked a BMW R1100S in November when a driver turned left in front him, and he's now looking to replace that bike with an 8th gen.  A couple dealer demos in the area, and a couple up for private sale, but none have OEM cases on them.  He just missed out on a great deal on a pearl white with the full set of luggage but has a line on a really nice looking red one thats up for private sale with low mileage.

He's been comparing pricing on the Givi PLXR1132 and V35 cases with the OEM, and I think he's settled on the Givi.  Does anyone know if there are clearance issues with an aftermarket exhaust and the Givi luggage like there is with the OEM luggage?

Thanks!

I should clarify.  He doesn't own the bike yet, he's just planning ahead.  The bike he's interested in is a red DLX with the stock exhaust, which he will want to get rid of pretty quickly.

I guess the better question is: which ones are known to work with the V35 cases?

Im sure the Akra and TBR fit fine.

Thanks!  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey was that the white 8th gen in the Ottawa area?  That bike was for sale for almost a year and I just missed it too lol.  I just signed papers last Tuesday for a new 2015 8th gen but they have to get it from another dealer.  I was able to get a good deal on it.  Total with all taxes in and everything was $13,464.  That includes the 5 year Honda plus warranty, first service, givi V46 topcase with mounting plate and bracket.  I wanted to go red not sure where they found it yet but the red one at the dealer in north bay is no longer on kijiji.  

Dad here !   the white one I was looking at was in Embrum   I thought it looked like a great bike at a good price but it sold just before I was ready to buy.  I did find a very clean red 2015 with 4900 kms just outside Oshawa and it is home now.

Want to do a pipe / can with  Giivi V35 bags and hoping that a GPR tri oval will work with that set up

• 2 weeks later...

there's a guy that had an ixil pipe for sale on kijiji near you innisfil I believe... i'm looking to put a pipe on but leaning akra or two bros...i'm still waiting for delivery getting a little frustrated with the dealer as they have not been communicating too well with me.  Signed for the bike March 14th and I had to call the sales guy for a VIN number to transfer my insurance and haven't heard back since....texted him Wednesday morning asking if the bike would be ready soon and he said it should be shortly.  I assumed the bike had at least been delivered by now and after he said he'd get back to me when he got in at 1pm I waited....5pm rolls around I decide to pop in the dealer....no bike there yet fml....gives me a spiel how its far away blah blah blah....4 hours away in north bay is not like its in a shipping container from japan....hoping for a call this week....

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 5:17 PM, infinite300 said:

No issues here with the Arrow slip-on and the Givi V35's.

VFR.png

do those panniers have quick release racks? just curious because i'd like side bags but don't want to keep them on the bike unless they are needed and like the clean look when they aren't on..

• 1 month later...

Archived