Back In The Saddle Again

Samuelx

Hi All,

Starting writing an intro and after page 3 in Word and only being halfway done with my story, I figured it was probably just gonna bore you guys to death (even if it was therapeutic for me lol).

So, the other night:

2vj4pcw.jpg

146xl0.jpg

ivze6s.jpg

abjkpg.jpg

sq6pw2.jpg

Thanks Bruce from HaulBikes, was good to meet you!

Before and After:

16s2th.jpg

10yjrqo.jpg

The second pic was before I took that rear license plate frame/bracket/stuff off...

I think it's needing some stickers - to make it faster and to keep it together in case of a crash...  ;)

Shortly after the picture of the 87 VFR was taken, I gave it to one of my cousins and he took it back home to Dallas - he lent it to a friend, they're no longer friends, long story, and he never got it back - it might still be roaming around in Dallas somewhere.

Was in between bikes for many years (longer story) and FINALLY got the ok from the boss (aka wife unit) to get another one.  Here's how long it's been:

rab2qf.jpg

That's what I had saved, left over from back then, and what I wore to ride it home from work (where it was delivered) - a Shoei X-8 (!) helmet and Tourmaster gloves with kevlar and Studs In The Palms (do they still even make those???).  I think I've got an beater RF-700 in my garage somewhere too...

• Member Contributer

Wow time warp.......    

I used to ride with white and blue motorcycle boots..........

Should I dig out a picture? 

Maybe not eh?  :-)

• Member Contributer

That 87 is a classic. I had the 86. Too bad it's MIA. You will enjoy the the performance of the 800cc motor and all the new tech on that 8th gen.

If you look at my avitar you will see i rocked the classic blue and white AGV leathers. My86 and 98 vfrs are pictured as well.

9 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Awesome score - love the old school gear too!  Your thread title reminds me of a good tune:

Awesome song Greg, exactly what I was thinking/hearing and now some nice visuals as well!  :D

5 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Wow time warp.......    

I used to ride with white and blue motorcycle boots..........

Should I dig out a picture? 

Maybe not eh?  :-)

Hey Dutchy, lol  I had some white and blue Gaerne street/road racing boots to match some white, blue, dark blue Fieldsheer leathers.  All that stuff went to my cousin too...  :(

2 hours ago, VFR Capt.Bob said:

That 87 is a classic. I had the 86. Too bad it's MIA. You will enjoy the the performance of the 800cc motor and all the new tech on that 8th gen.

If you look at my avitar you will see i rocked the classic blue and white AGV leathers. My86 and 98 vfrs are pictured as well.

Nice Cap!  My very first bike, in 1989, was an RWB 86 700 - got it from Honda of Santa Monica used with just over 3k miles on it.  Ended up selling it a couple of years later (my CRS prevents me from remembering exactly when or why) with about 25k or so on the clock.  Then I was in between bikes for a short while and then picked up the 87, stock, with maybe 18k on it?  I don't remember any more...  :( 

Archived