02-09 Supercharger Install Guide

Blazerdman

I've tried to but it's impossible, so I've decided I'm going to do it myself. I know what parts were used it's just a matter of getting the mounting brackets made up. I've estimated it's gonna cost me at least $4000 AUD.

4000 aud? Not that much if you get 180 rwhp out of this!

I'm just trying to get used to the stock 110 hp for now as a everyday commuting bike (even raining :) but maybe some day i'll start that adventure of supercharging

It could even end up less, the supercharger alone is gonna set me back 2500-3000, the rest is just fabricating brackets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Make a deal with Westn1 and sell your bike. You'll save a lot of time, aggravation and likely money.

4 hours ago, Westn1 said:

Hey Mate, I've got the kit installed on my 6th gen, which is for sale. I've got it listed for sale in the classifieds section and on bikesales. Asking $10,900 and I live in Mount Gambier SA, which is about 5hrs from Melbourne.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/85370-fs-supercharged-6th-gen/

I'd love to but I wouldn't be able to sell my bike and save up the funds for it for at least 4 months.

If it's still available then I will absolutely take you up on it. For now though if you have the install manual either digital or printed you could upload I would very much appreciate that.

3 hours ago, Westn1 said:

No probs. Let me know if you want to come around to see how the kit looks/fits etc. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a copy for you.

I may take a weekend trip even just to see it. If I end up not being able to buy it I might be able to at least measure up the bracket requirements so I can fabricate them for myself.

Archived