1st Annual VFRD Spring Memorial Ride

There's no deadline for the Pre ride VFRpwr Tour. If you've got the time, I hear Rob's got the beer. EPIC! 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, Sweeper said:

There's no deadline for the Pre ride VFRpwr Tour. If you've got the time, I hear Rob's got the beer. EPIC! 

Simply a warm-up for the big event, because, in true Ron Swanson fashion, we want ALL the good roads in one week.  

Loading the bike in a few hours to head to RDMcD's overnight and then we both will make the big run down I-75 to Franklin tomorrow to begin the Spring Ride week.

The VFR, after a rushed last minute tire change (Thanks again KKen), she's got new shoes, new (to me) MIG slip on, she is all ready for NC!  (hope I am!)

- I frickin' can't wait!  Are we there yet?

• Member Contributer

I am sorry to say I am not attending. See y'all next time.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, wera803 said:

Guess I need to do some work this weekend.

I'd check your valves if I were you ;)

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, VFRpwr said:

Loading the bike in a few hours to head to RDMcD's overnight and then we both will make the big run down I-75 to Franklin tomorrow to begin the Spring Ride week.

The VFR, after a rushed last minute tire change (Thanks again KKen), she's got new shoes, new (to me) MIG slip on, she is all ready for NC!  (hope I am!)

- I frickin' can't wait!  Are we there yet?

Where we having dinner? Or lunch on Sunday.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I am sorry to say I am not attending. See y'all next time.

Where's the "Don't like this" button dammit!

• Member Contributer

Well damn,  another year and I'm not gonna make it! Had to swap kid weekends. I'm still recovering from a broken leg so I'm not comfortable riding two up again yet. 

Have fun y'all! 

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, LangoPTC said:

Where's the "Don't like this" button dammit!

I do not like it at all either. I think I'm feeling my age. Things are well otherwise.

Ride safe everyone.

I do not like it at all either. I think I'm feeling my age. Things are well otherwise.
Ride safe everyone.

Say it ain't so! You are an inspiration to all of us old guys who don't want to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well damn,  another year and I'm not gonna make it! Had to swap kid weekends. I'm still recovering from a broken leg so I'm not comfortable riding two up again yet. 

Have fun y'all! 

Sorry you won't make it. Watch for the fall ride. It's a blast too.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Ride safe everyone.

Did you normally ride down from MN?  If so, you could drive down if that would be any easier on you and you would be welcome to take my bike for a tour.  Given that this is my first rodeo, I plan on pacing myself...

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 8:22 PM, kebrider said:

Where we having dinner? Or lunch on Sunday.

Keb, Sweeper, RDMcD and I will be in Little Switzerland for lunch and Marion, VA for dinner Sunday.

Back in Franklin for Tuesday dinner - we'll be the guys grinning ear to ear wherever we are by that time.

- the pleasure of your and The Girl's company is always welcomed and looked forward to.  Have the time to join us for a three day tour?

• Member Contributer
On 5/13/2017 at 1:35 PM, LangoPTC said:

Did you normally ride down from MN?  If so, you could drive down if that would be any easier on you and you would be welcome to take my bike for a tour.  Given that this is my first rodeo, I plan on pacing myself...

I ride. The ride to events is one half of the fun. This year I burned myself out with four long days riding last week. When I contemplated two to three more weeks of that I was overwhelmed. I guess I'll have to start acting my age. (Man! I hate that idea.)

The offer of the use of your bike is very generous. Thank you. I once changed bikes with a friend and then had a accident on it. I took care of all the damages and we are still friends but that was an embarrassment I'd like not to repeat. After all, Feces Happens.  

Hopefully we will meet and ride together in the future.

• Member Contributer

Leaving in about an hour. Meeting Oyoma as he passes through Jacksonville. Staying over night in Dublin Ga. Be in Franklin Thursday. See all of you there. Safe travels. 

• Member Contributer

Hello all,

I did no register on Eventbrite, but I will see you all tomorrow evening.

Bill Mersch

aka MisterBill

I am getting ready for hosting this weekends AR ride with new tires and several brake pads on the big VFR.  Looks like there may be rain for us on Friday and Saturday..Damnit!    Hope yall have better weather and a great event.  Remember to ride smart and exercise patience when necessary.  ;-)

Checking to see if there are any plans for riding together?? Would love to get out with some other VFR's. Please let me know when and where. Thanks.

Microtel in Franklin, NC. Before 9:00 Friday and Saturday. Forty ish of us here. Bikes in the back.

• Member Contributer

Just got back from the 1st Annual VFRD Spring Memorial Ride (a prior commitment precluded me from staying till Sunday)...WOW!!!

For those who have never been...put it on your bucket list.  A great event with great roads and an even better group of people (and bikes).  Whether you use your bike for sport or touring, there are plenty of roads in the area that will satisfy your tastes.

THANKS to Ben and everyone who helped make this event happen.

• Member Contributer
On 5/13/2017 at 7:20 AM, Blesk said:

Have fun y'all! 

We really do need a "don't like" button

On 5/17/2017 at 2:57 PM, MisterBill said:

Hello all,

I did no register on Eventbrite, but I will see you all tomorrow evening.

Bill Mersch

aka MisterBill

Never saw you. Hope everything is OK.

Archived