1st Annual VFRD Spring Memorial Ride

22 hours ago, gloryracing said:

Ellen, the pillion, is having a minor surgery in June however she  will need to 'rest and recoup' for a  couple weeks.  She says she can rest just as good in the toyhauler as she can at home.  I am not so sure about that.  After the surgical procedure if she feels up to it we may head to the smokies.   She says while there I should invest a couple days on the bike searching for awful roads...who am I to disagree!

Precipitation and the like of any kind while riding motor scooters sucks!

Better keep her.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1545072.thumb.jpg.612d4db5f349c60f5d621bf393ecf2cf.jpg

This may be the first Dragon pic I've ever gotten where the tires appear to be moving. 

• Member Contributer

Just a shout out to Ben and his gang for putting on a GREAT event.  Much fun was had and many beers sacrificed themselves for the joy of ALL.  Was good to meet everyone and looking forward to the Fall event.

CHEERS !!!

• Member Contributer
On 5/25/2017 at 11:03 PM, gloryracing said:

She says while there I should invest a couple days on the bike searching for awful roads.

We definitely need more eyes on this situation.  Very difficult to spot awful roads in this area.

• Member Contributer

Good to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Next year will try to make leave plans line-up better with dates. Still here and had mostly good days riding. Two rain days we sat out and that's it. Is it just me or was the NC side of the Cherohola repaved?? and more signage?

Will be down again Sept 3-17ish if anybody is going to be around

Oh and the wife wore out her rear tire so were off to Wheeler's tomorrow (got to get her to slow down :)

• Member Contributer
On 5/26/2017 at 9:34 PM, Sweeper said:

1545072.thumb.jpg.612d4db5f349c60f5d621bf393ecf2cf.jpg

This may be the first Dragon pic I've ever gotten where the tires appear to be moving. 

Very nice!  

And at the other end of the riding spectrum... one of the photographers was able to snap a pic of me where there wasn't a big parade waiting to get by me.  Technically, it probably could be considered a still picture of me and the bike.  The term "rolling chicane" comes to mind...  Still a blast and another "THANKS!!!" to all involved in putting on a fantastic event

1540244.jpg

• Member Contributer

Had fun the little time I was there Saturday. 

Paul (Marriedman) and I kept to ourselves mostly, but got some great riding in and a few good photos. 

ZNCwpAB.jpg

Had fun the little time I was there Saturday. 

Paul (Marriedman) and I kept to ourselves mostly, but got some great riding in and a few good photos. 

ZNCwpAB.jpg

Enjoyed meeting you guys. Sorry I had to run, I was tending to the beer supply. You guys should come hang out next year or join in for the fall ride in late September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 6/2/2017 at 8:03 AM, marriedman said:

@SCguy - that picture is gorgeous! Looking through all the shots is what is going to keep me sane the next several months since I won't be riding. Damn family wants all my free time!

I avoid "growing up" for that very reason!  The general plan the next several months is work 1 week, ride one week, repeat.

Not sure if anyone stopped at the cross site.  Kimball and I went for a hike but I don't think we went far enough or it was obscured by vegetation.  I saw it yesterday coming back from week number two of mountain fun and it still looks to be in great shape on passing glance.

4 hours ago, 007 said:

I avoid "growing up" for that very reason!  The general plan the next several months is work 1 week, ride one week, repeat.

Not sure if anyone stopped at the cross site.  Kimball and I went for a hike but I don't think we went far enough or it was obscured by vegetation.  I saw it yesterday coming back from week number two of mountain fun and it still looks to be in great shape on passing glance.

This work? https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4359929,-83.8132588,3a,75y,72.28h,86.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sv55zAvOu0vfUX-UvSrhlfQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Capture.JPG

• Member Contributer

That is perfect SEB. The hikers are a perfect landmark for virtually driving to the spot. I will swing by there this week.

Archived