4th gen water pump NLA?

I'm seeing a small spot on the garage floor near the water pump on my '94 4th gen. Flashlight shows a bit of green on the inside of the lower fairing at that location as well. haven't pulled the plastic off yet for a closer inspection b/c every single waking minute seems to be chock full of sh*t for me to do on the weekends.

Went to Ron Ayers to get a part number, and...there's no price listed beside it? Are these things gone from The Mothership? A water pump??? C'mon...CERTAINLY these are still available, right?

Ron Ayers is showing part number 19200-MZ7-010.

• Member Contributer

Should you fail to locate one in the US, redslut's is your for postage.

Unless Donald has already decreed a tariff on "non-US made spares parts", this should be around $20..

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-4735-13MT4L41-VFR750FS-1995-E__0801-VFR+750.html

Capture.JPG.0d00f15f885c1a83fcd5ba5e51516119.JPG

• 1 month later...

How did you figure out it was the water pump?

on my bike it was the o-rings on the cross-over that were the culprit.  The coolant pooled up in the V, then dripped out when the bike was leaned over on its side stand. 

Paul in SoCal

• 2 months later...

Finally got to this. I *think* it was a loose hose clamp. Hard to tell with all the coolant marks everywhere. I do know the overflow bottle was bone dry, and it wasn't before. I cleaned up the inside of the fairings while I was doing new sprockets and chain on her. Idled it a long time, no leaks after I got about 3-4 turns on the hose clamp. But....if you still have the waterpump Dutchy, I'd be interested in putting it on my shelf in case it still leaks. I stuck my head under it to look at the weep hole and saw nothing but the shaft spinning past in the hole.

• Member Contributer

Aye, still have the pump and the overflow reservoir.  PM me your address before Donald closes the border to keep that nasty Dutchy's parts out :goofy:

Archived