No more TEXASMAC !!!

Well the TexasMac is now History!

I decided not to put out the efforts to put another one together, maybe it will return on the 20th anniversary?

If it continues this year or at all it will be put on by someone else and be just called the Tmac.

I would like to at least reserve the name TexasMac for the last 13 years of events I put on for my own selfish reasons. 

I hate for this to die, but I just don't have it in me this year.

Thanks again to everyone who ever helped in any way on past events and for every attendee!

Thank you!

I myself wouldn't call it selfish. On the contrary, I have always felt it extremely honorable on your behalf to celebrate your friendship in such a generous manner; making sure everyone is looked after and doing your utmost to ensure no-one meets the same tragic fate during the event.

I hereby celebrate your altruism Kevin!

Hip hip...

• Member Contributer

I've never been able to make it. There has always been some sort of conflict in schedule, but I'm still sad to see it end. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

I myself wouldn't call it selfish. On the contrary, I have always felt it extremely honorable on your behalf to celebrate your friendship in such a generous manner; making sure everyone is looked after and doing your utmost to ensure no-one meets the same tragic fate during the event.

Hip hip...

Hooray!!!  And hope to thank you in person one day for your efforts!

26 minutes ago, Blesk said:

I've never been able to make it. There has always been some sort of conflict in schedule, but I'm still sad to see it end. 

No Fear, I'm sure it will carry on in one form or another! :beer:

1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

Hip hip...

Thank you my friend! :blush:

• Member Contributer

So you have time to come over to the Netherlands?

As a one-timer, I'm glad I had to opportunity to attend.

While the event series ends, I will never forget what TexasMacThe Man meant for you.

160e8751.jpg

8 hours ago, Dutchy said:

So you have time to come over to the Netherlands?

As a one-timer, I'm glad I had to opportunity to attend.

While the event series ends, I will never forget what TexasMacThe Man meant for you.

160e8751.jpg

Even though the name will change, we won't forget. I suggest that we all make it practice to slip in the clutch and give a V4 salute as we pass the cross site.

This event has fostered so many friendships and memories for so many of us. What a legacy. Thank you Kevin.

• Member Contributer
On February 15, 2017 at 5:37 PM, TimC said:

Sorry to hear it may be ending (officially or unofficially), but greatly appreciate the work you put into it all these years, BR!!  Thanks for all your efforts!

I echo that.  All that work has led to a lot of people having a lot of fun in honor of your friend, TEXASMAC

• Member Contributer

BR,

This event has been a big part of my life for the past...  Many... years.

My big thanks to you and everyone else for all your efforts in putting it together.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to go the last few years, but there has always been a conflict. Tail of the Dragon is definitely on my bucket list and this would have been a great opportunity. I selfishly hate to see this end.... However, I applaud you keeping this going as long as you have. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, crakerjac said:

I've been trying to go the last few years, but there has always been a conflict. Tail of the Dragon is definitely on my bucket list and this would have been a great opportunity. I selfishly hate to see this end.... However, I applaud you keeping this going as long as you have. 

The new not-tmac. C'mon down!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for everything BR. You and HS did a fabulous job every year. There's been a lot of pitching-in by others also. They all deserve a thank you also.  

T-Mac was the most fun I had every time I went. The combination of great machinery, great roads and Fabulous Friendships scores a Hat Trick, Grand Slam, Trifecta, you name it. 

Archived