Ixil Exhaust - sound open throttle

bighawk

Guys,

Looking between the delkevic and the Ixil for a 2014.  I've heard many on the delkevic but only some on the ixil like this which doesnt record it riding and it's in a garage. I'm looking to see if someone has a good video of how it truly sounds so i can make a decision between the two.

Thanks guys

• Member Contributer

I don't really see the point in someone posting exhaust sounds whilst standing there blipping the throttle. I want to hear them for at least 10 seconds sitting at 8k or so revs. 

• Member Contributer

IXIL have the reputation of being loud, but that is personal....

Problem with any (smartphone) video is that the sound it records and your PC speakers play back will most likely not sound like "the real McCoy.."

Case in point....

met1.mp4

When I take the RC to the dyno, I will record some more at full whack...

Like this

vvvrrroooaaappp.mp4

Agreed. Looking for people to open it up with a GoPro attached. Anyone have anything close to that? Or even good pics of the Ixil?  I love the way it looks in comparison to the Delk, but the delk does sound fantastic.

Thanks 

• Member Contributer

This is probably the best pic I have of my VFR with the Ixil.  I shot that video, with my cell phone.... and yes it really doesn't do justice to the exhaust note when you're riding the bike.

100_1592.JPG

• Member Contributer

Hi Bighawk.

I've had the IXIL on my bike since Oct 2015 and travelled a good 15,000k's have been very happy with them, had lots of favourable comments regards the looks as well as the sound. Have experimented with baffles but I like it with no baffles. It doesn't appear to be excessively loud and sounds its best during acceleration load. In my opinion the 6th gen as opposed to the 8th gen will always be able to deliver a deeper richer note due to the longer pipe length, and this is probably why I found the previous Arrow Pro Racing exhaust I had produced a slightly deeper note due to its extra length. Hope this helps, sorry don't have a GoPro.

Cheers.

Grum

P1010078a.jpg

Great pic and info guys. Any additional info and pics from different angles? Any comparison to the Delkevic? 

Looks excellent... if anyone can video it I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'm looking for something loud as I'm in LA and need to be heard. 

Thanks.

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, bighawk said:

Great pic and info guys. Any additional info and pics from different angles? Any comparison to the Delkevic? 

Looks excellent... if anyone can video it I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'm looking for something loud as I'm in LA and need to be heard. 

Thanks.

Reckon the IXIL would be "loud" enough!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, bighawk said:

Cool.

May as well ask, is direct the only way to buy?  I'd love to get one at a discount, know any websites etc? 

Thx

I purchased the IXIL through an Australian supplier in October 2015 the company is Screaming Demon Pty Ltd the cost back then $424.68 AUD delivered. Guess this could be a price guide for you.

Cheers.

Grum

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, bighawk said:

Thanks for the info.

I called ixil direct. They no longer make the black with the  stainless steel tips. Huge deal breaker for me. I dislike the pewter /satin color on the ends.  

Hmm that's a shame, I see what you mean I'm not keen on the Aluminium Matt Anodised myself - buggar! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't suppose any one will know, but will a Crossrunner 800X exhaust fit the 800F? 

There is an Ixil exhaust for sale near me, and I think it looks awesome, but I don't want to get it if its going to be a pain to fit.

• 3 weeks later...

IIRC, when I had a muffler fitted to my Firebird, the shop had a machine that stretched the diameter of the pipe so that the exhaust pipe would match the inlet diameter of the muffler.

• 4 months later...

The black IS available on ixilusa. I emailed and they said the gray was discontinued. Just received mine and installed it. I got some GoPro Session 4 video of each config, sitting outside. I'll get some riding video tomorrow, and make a full vid. I definitely prefer no baffles. Much better than the current youtube offerings have.

ixilemail.PNG

Not full throttle, as mounting the gopro on the helmet generates too much wind noise to hear anything else. But here are a couple comparison sounds and some tooling through my neighborhood.

• Member Contributer

Nice vid Sparky - sounds great!!  You may want to consider getting the external mic adaptor for your GoPro and running a cheap mic into the helmet - it will cut your wind noise way down but still allow much of the exhaust noise to come through.

14 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Nice vid Sparky - sounds great!!  You may want to consider getting the external mic adaptor for your GoPro and running a cheap mic into the helmet - it will cut your wind noise way down but still allow much of the exhaust noise to come through.

OP here.

Ended up opting for the Ak pipe seen in the attached pic. Why? Honestly, the price was right from an old forum member I couldn't pass up.  Excellent sound and quality construction as expected by Akrapovic.

Downside is that it takes away from the lines of the bike IMO.  I had full intention of cutting it nearly in half with a chop saw but got entirely too lazy . For its bulk however, it is surprisingly light - just a tad lighter if I have the energy to chop it up and re-rivet it.  

What mic are you using?  I have a new 4k sony action cam but new to this world.  Suggestions on cheap and effective mics are welcome.

Thanks.

20170603_124826.jpg

Archived