New to the forum from Savannah, GA

camaroguy72

Been riding since 2003.. owned quite a few machines since then. Currently on an 07 VFR800 and 05 R6.

Good info on this forum already.. if anyone is in my area or plans to hit the smoky mountains, let me know!

P1030168.JPG

P1030184.JPG

Welcome to VFRD. Look for news in the next couple of weeks about the next TMAC. It's a not to be missed event. Info from past years is still here if you want to see what its about.

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Nice rides you got there and pics to prove it too!

• Member Contributer

Welcome from Barnwell, SC. There's going to be several VFR riders in the Smokies over May 18-21.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SCguy said:

Welcome from Barnwell, SC. There's going to be several VFR riders in the Smokies over May 18-21.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Whats happening on those dates?

Art

The event formerly know as TMac and now known as VFRD Spring Memorial ride. There will be news in the events section.  Not to be missed.

BTW. There are a couple of Hawk GT's with a room already booked.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. You've obviously good taste in mc's.

Perhaps we'll meet up some spring in the Smoky Mts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Belated welcome from across the pond!

Excellent 1st post! :tongue:

I am a new member as well.  riding 50+ years.  lost count of how many bikes I have had.  just wrecked a '00 BMW R1100S and replaced it with a 2015 VFR  , still have a '99 BMW R1100S which I bought new and still really like   I will be in Savannah in the last week of May.  are there any bike must dos in the area or bike nights ?   thanks

I live in Savannah as well and was looking at a burgundy vfr for sale earlier this month in Pooler. In the end I bought a third gen as it was a deal I couldn't pass up. Hoping to pick up a newer 800 as well this year. We'll see! Good to see another local guy here.

53 minutes ago, NISxMO said:

I live in Savannah as well and was looking at a burgundy vfr for sale earlier this month in Pooler. In the end I bought a third gen as it was a deal I couldn't pass up. Hoping to pick up a newer 800 as well this year. We'll see! Good to see another local guy here.

Ahh.. that was mine lol. I think shortly after this post, I contemplated selling both bikes to get a zx10r and then a 2up bike TBD, since the gf never wants to be on the bike anyways. Figured when she did, I would get something comfortable for 2 again. So, I sold the VFR within a week or 2 of listing it and sold the R6 within 24 hours lol. Guess tax return time was good to people.. and picked this up.

Picked it up and in 2 weeks replaced the front and rear brake lines and pads, changed oil, rear sprocket (was aluminum and not preferred), ivans exhaust servo eliminator to go with the two brothers exhaust, a saddlemen seat, and lucky me it had a k&n which I cleaned and reinstalled. Came with a bazzaz zfi too.. always  was one of my favorite bikes... so if you see me around savannah!

@BLTZN, nothing to crazy here with standard bike nights and what not. There are Wednesday and sunday meets with the sportbike guys, first Saturday of every month the vintage guys get together, I prefer riding with the close friends I've been riding with and venture up into the smokies when possible

zx101.jpg

Where does everyone typically meet? I have a Honda599 that Ive chopped up and customized and now the vfr that Im partially restoring/using as a work horse.

Archived