Coming to Colorado in June

keny

Ok, its now sure I will do a trip to the States in June 2017. Target is to see a friend from a other (Dirt) forum that I have known online for a loong time but never seen in person. He and his family has invited me and my family to go there and stay at them for about 2 weeks.

I wounder if any VFRD members around? If would be nice to meet in person!

We will arrive at June 20th to Denver, then go to the city friend lives in, Garand Junction. A daytrip to Utah is possible. On way back we will most likely stay a few days in Denver as well. We fly back July 4th.

So if you feel like to meet, give me a note/replay here as a personal message

:cool:

• Forum CEO

Grand Junction is on the other side of the state 500km or 300 or so miles away, when you know for sure when you will be in Denver let me know.  (the mountains around Denver make a wall of mountains from Fort Collins to New Mexico called the front range there is some good riding there for short day trips, I know it well.  

Yes, I know its a 4h drive to Grand Junction from Denver, but its the closest International airport. I keep you informed of the dates as I know them. 

• 1 month later...

So dates are confirmd now. We arrive at Denver airport Jund 20th, stay 4 night at Denver, we have a flat rented for that in downtown, and Saturday Morning (June 24th) we leave for Grand Junction, plans is to take the train. I´m whit family, so I don´t think a ride will be in the program? But still would be nice to meet over a coffee or so :cool:

• Member Contributer

Come on Keny....  2 week? surely your wife will let you off for a day or so if you a member here furbished you with a VFR for the day no?

I can have "a word" with her if needed :goofy:

I'll vouch for Keny that he is a responsible, sensible guy.......

P8070917.thumb.JPG.7eaa87a4c2a2078f2522cf1c4749ef5f.JPG

Thanks Dutchy.

Well, it sure would be nice, we have to see.... I do have some 2 wheel riding planed (near Grand Junction), but not on a VFR nor tarmac roads :tongue:

The other problem is I will not fly wearing ride gear like to yours......

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Come on Keny....  2 week? surely your wife will let you off for a day or so if you a member here furbished you with a VFR for the day no?

I can have "a word" with her if needed :goofy:

I'll vouch for Keny that he is a responsible, sensible guy.......

P8070917.thumb.JPG.7eaa87a4c2a2078f2522cf1c4749ef5f.JPG

Colorado needs more responsible and sensible people.  So many of us lack both qualities, I blame it on the weed, man!  Hope you have a great time while your here and take lots of pictures. 

• Member Contributer

Yeah I forgot.... Flying back to NL from TMAC12, I boarded the plane back with my full leathers on (and a pair of jogging pants in my carry on bag). :-)

Transferring at Detroit (from Charlotte) i had to check my luggage in again. Only now I was told I was 2-3 pounds over the stated limit and they wanted like $75.... (yeah there were bottles of bourbon in my case).

The lady would not budge, not even after I pointed out the guy checking in next to me who was 320+ pounds at least for the same flight. She was not amused..

So I took my leather riding pants and put them on.  Once boarded, changed into them jogging pants...

Archived