Been a long time thinking getting back into it

Good day,

it has been a long time since I have been on this site and been on a motorcycle. To give a quick bio my list of bikes in the past 25 years are as follows in order,

gs500, katana600, 97vfr,98vfr,02vfr,919, 00vfr, sprint1050, cbr1100xx, 06vfr

I am fairly short so I always lowered my Hondas buy Turning the triangle plate and adjusting the front forks. I always live the VFRs and found them my favorite except the XX which I had set up excellent for touring and had gobs of power.

I Have been thinking of getting another bike. Probably used. I post this hoping to save a little bit of time on research potential bikes. I am leaning towards the following for various reason and find some short comings in all of coarse:) and I would need hard bag set up and a good alternator to power heated gear/etc

6, 7, or 8gen Vfr

ninja 300 the least on my list only reason it's in it cheap and great gas mileage

Ninja 1000

FJR or Concours

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance

Greg

• Member Contributer

Hey googus, I checked out that machine and looked up NADA values for Greenville zip code with the bags: low $3355, high $4428.

The bike looks quite nice. (And I can vouch for the windshield; I love mine esp on long wet/cold rides. And nearly 10% better gas mileage.)

IMHO the price is more than 10% over-priced. But if it's as clean as it looks, the mileage puppy-young (check the age of tires and plan on changing all fluids unless the seller can provide service records) and you love it, go for it. I can see you've got great taste in mc's. 

With the converted bars, lower peg blocks, Corbin, windshield and Honda bags i was at around 1200 toward the bike in add ons

from the low figure. He stated the bikes tires where 1,000 miles old. His offer was 4800. I ask for original parts because I don't like the screen because j am short and get a buffer and not sure about the bars.  I also asked about the recall and valve check. I countered at 4,500 and meet half way even though it's not a deal breaker. He said he will get back to me:(

another guy around the corner has a bone stock 08 with 6k for $4,000 and another by me has a 07 RWB for 6,000 and will not budge:)

this is would be my 6th VFR:) I just keep coming back to them

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, googus said:

Any thoughts in this great community on the below VFR?

https://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/5935325132.html

Hey googus, I checked out that machine and looked up NADA values for Greenville zip code with the bags: low $3355, high $4428.

The bike looks quite nice. (And I can vouch for the windshield; I love mine esp on long wet/cold rides. And nearly 10% better gas mileage.)

IMHO the price is more than 10% over-priced. But if it's as clean as it looks, the mileage puppy-young (check the age of tires and plan on changing all fluids unless the seller can provide service records) and you love it, go for it. I can see you've got great taste in mc's. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I switch gears sort of.

i found a dealer somewhat close to me selling a new 2014 total OTD with a center stand added for 8k. It is white. 

Any thoughts

greg

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, googus said:

So I switch gears sort of.

i found a dealer somewhat close to me selling a new 2014 total OTD with a center stand added for 8k. It is white. 

Any thoughts

greg

I own two 6th gens and have ridden the 6th and 8th back to back. A very well sorted 6th is pretty similar to an 8th. Luggage is worth a LOT.

If you could get that 6th for anything between $4-5, I'd do it. But a white 8th is beautiful!

There are some 6generations around here 2005-2002 with hard bags 14-20k miles for 5k and a 2007 for 6k. All of them will not budge on price. I just feel for 3k more have a 10year newer bike brand new is worth it:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks pretty clean.  Seems like a decent asking price considering it has ABS.  No OEM hard cases.

OEM hard cases are getting harder to find.  If you really want them, you may want to wait and find a bike that already has them.

• Member Contributer
On 1/25/2017 at 6:17 PM, MaxSwell said:

And raise the pegs back up. It has some nice upgrades like the seat and the bags as well.

Archived