Has anyone used this product?

jackleftzuo

• Member Contributer

Not on my VFR (no cam chains on my 5G!), but I have a couple of APE tensioners on my VTR1000F.

• Member Contributer

The e-bay add for the manual tensioner states this about the oem automatic tensioners, I've never heard of this happening "The automatic tensioners can back out when the throttle is closed suddenly at high rpm. This allows the cams to go momentarily out of time, and can result in bent valves and/or serious engine damage."  Wonder how many engine re-builds have been needed because of this so called issue??? Surely if the manual version was so good wouldn't Honda fit them, seeing they would be far cheaper than the automatic version?

Would much rather be fitting another oem cct than running the risk of over or under tensioning the timing chain with an aftermarket manual version.

Cheers.

Grum.

VFR engine rebuilds due to cam chain wiplash with automatic tensioners? I would hazard a guess at so extremely close to zero percent as to be irrelevant.

Never heard of one personally, yet I HAVE heard of the odd case of heavy handedness with manual tensioners leading to excessive wear and expensive repairs.

• Member Contributer
On 1/20/2017 at 11:37 AM, Grum said:

The e-bay ad...

You could have stopped there, really.

Ciao,

Archived