YES! The "mad man" is back for the IOM TT 2017 on a Fireblade!

keny

Yes, the "Mad Man" (in a good way!) Guy Martin is back for the 2017 edition of the IOM TT! And on the new Honda Fireblade whit John McGuinness as teammate.

http://www.morebikes.co.uk/34757/guy-martin-race-tt-year-confirmed-team-mate-john-mcguinness-factory-fireblades/

My favorite racer by far!

• Member Contributer

I've been looking for an update on when / if he will return to attempt to break 400 mph (about 644 kph) on the Salt Flats.  The streamliner was built in Portland, OR and was stored in a museum I'm involved with just a few miles from my house.  I saw it in person and thought "wow - that's wild - I wonder who's behind this?"  About a month ago I saw a documentary on his attempt and found out he had been recruited to ride it.  Wish I'd known he was here - would love to have met him.   About 1/2 way down the first link is a short gif of him trying it on at the museum for the first time.  Note how cramped he is in the machine.  The last link has a bunch of good photos. Note his eyes in the bottom photo - pure concentration. 

http://jalopnik.com/tag/bonneville-salt-flats

https://motorbikewriter.com/guy-martin-set-for-400mph-attempt/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/september/guy-martin-bonneville-land-speed-record-crash/

Capture.JPG

Capture II.JPG

Capture III.JPG

On ‎18‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 10:21 AM, SweViffer said:

Damn, now I want to visit the TT this year. I cant afford it...

In the same boat as you....if it any helps

My favorite too, probably hes last appearance at the TT, went there in 2014 and have been wanting to go back ever since. But too late to start planning for this years TT now. The ferry is fully booked long time ago. Kenny you're from Hangö right? I'm form Pargas but been living in Norway for the last 12 years.

3 hours ago, stryker said:

Kenny you're from Hangö right? I'm form Pargas but been living in Norway for the last 12 years.

Yes, Hangö in Swedish, Hanko in Finnish :beer: Great roads in Norway!, been there in 2001..or was is 2002.

Been to Pargas a few times! VW airhead meets (Beach Party) in the 90´s for example :wink:

Ok this is goin a bit :offtopic: :lurk:

• Member Contributer

Nah....  "us Europeans" have always been a wee bit "different"!

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

decided on a "dip into Norway" as I was leaving Landskrona and had 3 days to get to Stockholm.

Looked on the map and thought "let's go see Ed"  :goofy:

Never got to see Ed and the next day It rained a lot, but that could not dampen my good mood!

P8050791.JPG

On 2017-01-19 at 3:59 PM, stryker said:

Then you probably know who johan gröndahl is, local vw fanatic.

I do, did go same class at technical school in Vaasa whit him! Small world!Almost as fanatic whit vw:s as Guy Martin whit motorbikes!

• Member Contributer
On 1/19/2017 at 7:21 PM, stryker said:

Ok, i see. The Fun begins when you start to climb the mountains over to the west coast. Perfect for your new toy?

He's got to get his new toy to the west coast, though.  Next purchase: a van!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

There's precedent for this... My best "souvenir" from my time in Hong Kong was this:

20140101_164920x.jpg

A bit extravagant, but quite useful: all but my biggest bikes fit in the back even with the second row of seats in use.  I had planned to take my RS250 with us to northern Spain last year, but that trip got postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.  (If you see a van like this anywhere in Europe, wave.  This is the only one like it!)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

It looks longer in the pic, for some reason, but no, it's a shortie.

Ciao,

• 4 weeks later...

Archived