Just changed the LCD meters and gauges combination colour! 6th GEN

zedosagrioes

Hi guys!

Just finished making this change, and what a result!

Goodbye orange/amber, hello white!!

Take a look at yourself:

-My bike's gauges... very dirty, I know! I ride all year round.

v1%20e%20v2.jpg

-Old vs. new colour, what a difference!

a%20meio.jpg

-All lighting replaced and fully working. Only burned one LED along the process!

concluido.jpg

-Comparison between the 1st gauges coming on the 6th gen with the 2nd ones. (These are clear)

fechado%20v1.jpg

-Comparison between the 1st gauges coming on the 6th gen with the 2nd ones. (These aren't clear)

fechado%20v2.jpg

-Job done, here's all assembled on the bike!

instalado.jpg

I prefer the old ones, because it is more harmonious on the dash, but will probably change from times to times.

And that's it, it took me 2 hours of labour!

Agree with above I must know how and with what parts coz I am so doing this. It just looks so much cleaner and modern, I'd prefer a little more blue for mine though.

12 hours ago, Loftust said:

I like this a lot. What is it with vehicle manufacturers and gingerness???

How was this conversion carried out? It's not a mod that I'm familiar with.

Well, my vehicle doesn't have warranty since a few years now, so they can't say a thing except "WOW"! :wink:

I always dreamed with this mod, and finally done it. I am very curious, so I just did it!

11 hours ago, jimbob said:

Nice work man!

A how-to bullet point description of the steps taken would be cool...

First you guys need to buy the LEDs, than I'll help you out.

9 hours ago, Blazerdman said:

Agree with above I must know how and with what parts coz I am so doing this. It just looks so much cleaner and modern, I'd prefer a little more blue for mine though.

7 hours ago, AuroraAxela said:

This is awesome! I have wanted to do this myself for a long time, but was thinking of blue myself. Great job!

I saw one or two pictures with blue colour, and found it hard to read, that's why I went on white.

IMO it looks more modern and clean than blue.

13 hours ago, zedosagrioes said:

First you guys need to buy the LEDs, than I'll help you out.

It's the hardest part :D (at least for me, I think I can handle some soldering).

Where did you get them from? How much was it?

What are specs of those leds if there's no exact product link?

The reason for red is that it doesn't change your pupils because they read it as a level of black. Red displays allow your eyes to stay focused to darkness outside. It was used in submarines when running on the surface at night. Most German cars have red dash lights for that reason.
I like the white but with my old eyes, red is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Sweeper said:

It was used in submarines when running on the surface at night.

It's also used in surface warships during the dark hours, or when operating at a higher state of readiness.

10 hours ago, Sweeper said:

The reason for red is that it doesn't change your pupils because they read it as a level of black. Red displays allow your eyes to stay focused to darkness outside. It was used in submarines when running on the surface at night. Most German cars have red dash lights for that reason.
I like the white but with my old eyes, red is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes sense.

I've been testing it this week, and I feel exactly the same way that I used to feel with the orange dash, so it works for me. It looks brighter on the pictures than it really is.

10 minutes ago, Blazerdman said:

Ok so how many of the lights am I buying?

Buy the 50 coz you will burn a few until you get it right. You will need at least 15 for the dash, plus 3 if you want to change the needle colour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Tonylmiller said:

I don't see any pictures.  Am I the only one?

I can't see any either.

3 hours ago, rhoderage said:

Can we still get a step-by-step, possibly with a few in-progress pics as the led's are put in place?

At $1.95, I'm very interested as well !!!

This please, I have already ordered the lights. All I really need to know is how to remove the old ones and install the new ones I already know how to take the dash apart.

10 hours ago, Blazerdman said:

This please, I have already ordered the lights. All I really need to know is how to remove the old ones and install the new ones I already know how to take the dash apart.

I suspect you will need to get yourself a small nib for a soldering iron, but yeah, a write up would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived