Should have my head examined part 2....hey, the price was right!

Kel

• Member Contributer

A friend of mine decided he was not going to get to his R for a refresh any time soon, his time was going into his '69 Mustang. So he calls me and asks if there is room in the barn for one more project. Of course there isn't so of course I said yes. He wanted it to go to a home where it will be loved so he thought of me. All the body panel are there and the price was right....free!  Couldn't argue with that.

20161113_125958.jpg

Even came with this never opened OEM collector in the Honda box. Cool.

20161116_131448.jpg

3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Come on The Dutchy, post a teaser of what it should look like :goofy:

Not what it should look like, but what could look like... Mine is (far) from Original too..

Finished.JPG

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, TheDutchy said:

Nice one Kel.. Even a brand new collector... :cheerleader:

Kel is going to do a rebuild to original ?..      SUBSCRIBED !!!! :wink:

Ha...yes...believe it or not, I will actually "try" to do an original resto. It will be hard , I admit.  When I was driving it home, I had all kinds of crazy ideas but thought better of it when I parked it next to the RVF. This one will be close to original for the most part. Probably won't have stock turn signals, brake lines, fuel pump, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
12 hours ago, VF1000RS said:

How many do you have so far?

That makes 5 R's Tom.  That sounds great and all...but really...if you're going to have a bunch of bikes, there should be a nice variety. I've been woefully inactive on doing anything with them but I am in the process now of preparing the '86 fairings for paint. The PO had painted white over flat black over stock colors and stickers. A real treat to get them stripped. Of course they have the usual broken tabs, broken mirror openings, rashed down vent corners, etc. Hopefully I will have something to show here soon. 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Kel said:

That makes 5 R's Tom.  That sounds great and all...but really...if you're going to have a bunch of bikes, there should be a nice variety. I've been woefully inactive on doing anything with them but I am in the process now of preparing the '86 fairings for paint. The PO had painted white over flat black over stock colors and stickers. A real treat to get them stripped. Of course they have the usual broken tabs, broken mirror openings, rashed down vent corners, etc. Hopefully I will have something to show here soon. 

Please show some work and strategies on the vent corners.  I've got a pretty decent set that need some work in that area I need to get crackin on.

Archived