Hello from Western Australia!

Audible

Hello everybody!

50 year old male from Perth Western Australia. Answers to the real name of Paul and the nick name of Audible. Happily married, Townhouse, into Home theatre, Photography, ah, lets skip the details. You want to know about my bike! :blush:

Well I have been riding on 2 wheels since 1995. It all began when I broke a couple of bones in my left foot and couldn't drive my manual shift car. A friend suggested I buy a twist and go 50cc scooter, which I can ride legally on my car license here and then get rid of it once my foot healed up. Well I bought the scooter but never got rid of it, running it into the ground before upgrading to a motorcycle. The VFR is my third motorbike, after a 2010 Kawasaki ER-6n and an 2007 CBF 250.

I turned 50 just before xmas 2016 and my wife decided that she would get myself a new bike for my birthday/xmas. I did my research and test rides. Initially I was looking at the Bandit & Ninja 1000, but then I wandered into my local Honda dealership and saw this beautiful white bike sitting there. In truth I was aware of the VFR's, but I had never considered one. I chucked my leg over, loved the dash, the features and then the dealer thumbed that starter switch and I got a good dose of that v4 rumble. Smitten like a Kitten. It was time to scribble up the paperwork!

Since then I've been quietly lurking this forum and others and the internet in general researching this fantastic white bike and the goodies that I can bolt onto it.

Overall I am very happy with the 8th gen.

Mod list so far;

OEM 45litre top box and rear rack.

OEM Rear tyre hugger.

ST1300 tank pad.

Motopumps 0.95 handlebar risers.

R&G upper radiator guard.

DMB levers.

To come;

Quick shifter, maybe.

12 volt power supply socket and ram mount for GPS.

A slip on. I have more lurking to do on that.....

Not too many pics atm, been too busy with the spanners and riding to be bothered with the shutter for now, but a good photo session is on the cards, probably when it cools down a bit.

_MG_2886b.jpg

_MG_2946.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hello from QLD, gold coast...must be easy being a VFR salesman...haha, just have to start the bike!
I was hooked on the V Four from the first gen VF750, it'll never leave your system.
Similar tastes Paul, not married anymore though....cool nickname, fits with the bike too.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Archived