Welcome to VFRDiscussion

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dozyproductions

San Diego 98 vfr800 restoration

79 posts in this topic

Tap all the threads that have been coated - you risk knackering the threads/snapping the bolts otherwise.

Replacement bolts for a you're missing can be had off ebay etc - just look up what sizes you need via the IPCs - perhaps this is an opportunity to get stainless ones too? :wink:

1 person likes this

They should be M6.  I don't think Heli ever did something retarded like fit SAE bolts on a part for a Japanese bike.

Ciao,

Yup, they're old school heli bars so I got me some M6 SS bolts! Shiny on black is so legit. Thanks y'all. Got a check from rustoleum for the turn signal their clear coat kind of fubard. Good customer service for even doing that! But another fail either on their advise or my luck.  DONT spray rustoleum satin can clear coat on top of gloss clear coat! It only kind of works haha. 

Today: Put the exhaust, exhaust tray and battery box in. Frustrating as hell though because even though I could of sworn I did the measurements right from the oem clamps, my new ones were way too big. With a little measuring tape is telling me that the smaller tubes' clamps are roughly 1.8" and the big clamp is resting at 2.40" ish. Since I'm not that great at this, what would that mean with what I need to buy? 

2zhnq6h.jpg

Just in case you all would like to see how the Wolf exhaust tray looks like.
jghzbm.jpg

2i0dlbd.jpg

Later: Dropping off my new tanks stickers to the painter. Will work on the dash welding at one point. My current solder gun isn't strong enough to make a difference. 

3 people like this