Hand made stainless exhaust

Jibbles

hi Guys,

new to the vfr forums, thought I would show you the exhaust system I made for my '14 vfr.

its a 4 into 2, so the front two cylinders and rear two are independant.

the mufflers I made from 100mm pipe I flattened in the press to form an oval shape.

primaries are 35mm ID going into 55mm ID, so she is , um, pretty big lol.

results so far are very pleasing, nice note and no melted bits.

has anyone got a map for PCV that they are happy with sharing with me ?

the base map on the power commander site is for a pretty stock bike, figured there must be something else out there.

Im running the usual airbox mods, BMC filter and autotune.

cheers.

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

lol sorry 3dcycle! ?

it took allot of work, I love seeing what people have created so i fugured I would share my own.

plus I need a better base map from someone who has already been tinkering.

anybody know of accelerometer based tuning ? any links or sites to visit?

thanks ?

• Member Contributer

If you were in the States, I think you'd have a pack of riders knocking on your door! Then again, I'm sure once the locals (to you) see what you've made, they too might be knocking on your door. In case you are unaware, aftermarket exhaust, as in full header systems, are very few and far between. At least when it comes to performance exhaust.

Nice work BTW!

3 hours ago, Jibbles said:

lol sorry 3dcycle! ?

it took allot of work, I love seeing what people have created so i fugured I would share my own.

plus I need a better base map from someone who has already been tinkering.

anybody know of accelerometer based tuning ? any links or sites to visit?

thanks ?

Rapid bike?

• Member Contributer

Wow. Such skills....well done!  :beer:

You will be getting lots of enquiries, you know that!

Pardon my lack of technical knowledge, but is that a performance header/system? Did you make it to improve power output as well as for the aesthetics?

Looks like you answered my question about piping diameter already. Glad to see you went with 35mm inner diameter as that is spot on. This system should be making some great gains up top! How is the lowend and midrange? Oh and about power commander maps, NO ONE will have a map remotely close to your set up. You definitely want to go with custom tuning on this one. You could do power commander for ease of use and availability, but I think it would be a waste, not to go with Rapid Bike Racing, to take advantage of this set up.

Terrific work! and sounds amazing. That's the first time I've heard a VFR sound comparable to a 4th Gen I heard nearly twenty years ago, it had a TBR full header system and when I heard it idling in the workshop it was in I thought I was listening to two idling Harleys. Deep bass thump, like yours.

Looks like you're further north than me.

thanks for all the compliments gents !

this Pic gives you an idea of the difference.

its the stock exhaust ends beside one of the ones I made to match the port sizes.

I couldnt believe when i pulled off the stock exhaust how much the copper crush rings were in the exhaust stream, plus the big ugly weld on the inside of the exhaust. talk about turbulence.

how can that be acceptable for a factory to knock that out...

IMG_1021.JPG

Candyred46 the bottom end and midrange are both suprisingly good.

I was genuinely expectig some issues there but funnily enough i noticed a good boost in the midrange.

top end, ah gee whiz there are only so many roads you can pin it haha, but yes. top end is good. im losing traction at times which i didnt before or wheelying which is a pleasant side affect  ?

I genuinely dont like traction control. Its not helping me as I go to give it a handful

away from the lights or low speed only to have it kick in. would rather just have a bit of slip and back off. why does honda need to retard the bike for so long ?

i keep having these visions of overtaking a bus or truck in the wet only to have it kick in and leave me out in the open.... I know this is making me sound like my right hand only knows two throttle positions but its not the case.

Im thinking I need to tweak suspension settings to help with wheel slip now.

makes me wonder about those lads with the A&A supercharger kits.

they must have one hell of a time keeping it under control!

I was nearly going to turbo my girl but figured I would give it a year then boost her up. why not I say ?

does anyone know if you can still get the supercharger kits, or anything to make the road a little easier ?

Archived