Self-Cancelling Indicators - Help needed!

Skids

• Member Contributer

Hi all, need some assistance pretty urgently as the bike needs to be back together in a couple of days for work. I have managed to remove the RH fairing & panel to access the connector for the self-cancelling indicators but I need to know 2 things;

1)  In the first 2 pics below, is this the correct connector? I think it is because it has the pink/green & pink/blue wires at the top (2nd photo). Mine looks different to the one in Sliderules post here (3rd pic).

2)  How on earth do you access the wires inside to remove them so they can be re-connected if necessary?

Worst case, as I intend to put 50k+ miles on her, I'll cut the wires but of course, before I do that, I have to be certain I have identified the correct wires.

Thanks.

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

post-27908-0-03792900-1417819944.jpg

• Member Contributer

This video may be of some help - he shows how to remove pins on various Honda automotive connectors.  I've found dental tools to be very helpful when doing that.  I have a selection of various types that can usually get at the small retaining tabs.   It's tough to know how to release them without being able to see how they're made. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-F5MFyzwpA

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Cogswell said:

This video may be of some help - he shows how to remove pins on various Honda automotive connectors.  I've found dental tools to be very helpful when doing that.  I have a selection of various types that can usually get at the small retaining tabs.   It's tough to know how to release them without being able to see how they're made. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-F5MFyzwpA

Thanks Cogswell, that is helpful. :beer:

I still need someone to confirm that I have identified the correct connector and wires.

• Member Contributer

Ok, so no help, I'll have to button her back up and learn to live with these stupid things!

• Member Contributer

No. The only manuals are online pay-per-view. I did pay and grabbed a few pages for things like torque values but I didn't see any wiring diagrams and there are no workshop manuals for the Cr that I am aware of.

• Member Contributer

I don't know if this will work, I do not have access to service manuals for bikes not in the usa. and I cant get entire books like this Honda makes it to difficult to do entire book, but if this works I can do single pages of interest.

ML.RVX34spx.this one.pdf

• Member Contributer

3d - that looks promising, thank you very much. Hopefully, the 800X will be the same or very similar.  :beer:

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Update; nah, different wiring altogether.

Diary simply said...."Bugger"  :sad:

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Ok, revisiting this hoping someone can help me.

I still need to ensure this is the correct connector and I have identified the correct wires (arrowed).

Can anyone assist in confirming I an correct before I cut the wires? I've looked at trying to remove the wire but my skills are not good enough to ensure I could refit and reconnect in case the wires I have identified are wrong.

IMAG0992.jpg

IMAG0993.jpg

Archived