Vid of my VFR800 at "Tail of the Gator"

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer

Here's parts of what I did yesterday on a 4 hour ride - I just came up with the Tail of the Gator name cuz I'm jealous of you guys in SoCal and the Smokies with your Dragons and Snakes - LOL

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, Rectaltronics said:

"Here's THE S-curve."  LOL...

What's really sad is I sound like I almost jizzed my pants from the excitement of finally riding an S curve on my VFR - LOL

• Member Contributer

That might qualify for the flattest, straightest road I've ever ridden.  Feel for ya man......

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Bent said:

That might qualify for the flattest, straightest road I've ever ridden.  Feel for ya man......

Haha - thanks for your condolences!

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, RDMcD said:

The roads in my part of the world aren't much better. Do yourself a favour and come to T Mac in the spring.  

Thanks, but what is T Mac?  I googled and all I found was stuff about former Orlando Magic player Tracy McGrady LOL.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi Gator.

Great video the Viffer sounds awesome. BUT please wear some good quality motorcycle gloves!!!

Cheers.

Grum.

Thanks Grum!  I usually do but it was a such a beautiful crisp morning I wanted to finally test out the heated grips!

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Bent said:

I used to live in South Fla (West Palm Beach) and we would often go 2 hours to Central FL to find roads like that! Most of my friends would stick their bikes in a truck and drive there...

There is a road in WPB literally called Beeline Highway!

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, Terry said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnwOnJWFHhI

Poor you Greg. I've never worn out the centre of a tyre! Here's a local road that I enjoy regularly.

Terry, I thought you had cops down there that were all over bikers trying to enjoy the roads?

Are you telling me I can exceed the 60mph limit in February? :wheel:

• Member Contributer
33 minutes ago, KevCarver said:

I used to live in South Fla (West Palm Beach) and we would often go 2 hours to Central FL to find roads like that! Most of my friends would stick their bikes in a truck and drive there...

There is a road in WPB literally called Beeline Highway!

LOL - lots of "Beelines" in Fla - that's also the name of the road that goes from I-4 in Orlando by SeaWorld straight east to the Space Center and cruise ship port - great for going fast but no curves whatsoever.  While I was taking my break in the vid above I met a nice couple getting ready to take out their pedal bikes (the kind where you lay on your back with two small wheels in front and one big one in back - recumbent I think hey called them?) and they were saying there are some nice roads by Fla standards just a little west of where I was between Center Hill and Inverness so I hope to explore that area someday soon.  They really liked my bike - the lady said she owned an '03 VFR for many years and the guy said he has a Beamer S1000R.

• Member Contributer
33 minutes ago, Skids said:

Terry, I thought you had cops down there that were all over bikers trying to enjoy the roads?

I've heard the cops Down Under don't tolerate speeders very well and that they'll throw you in jail even.  I flew by a cop going about 80 in I'm guessing a 45 zone and fortunately he didn't seem to care - the only other cop I saw on my ride that day was one of those "Citizens on Patrol" cars - LOL.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Thanks, but what is T Mac?  I googled and all I found was stuff about former Orlando Magic player Tracy McGrady LOL.

Search the events on this site. It's an annual get together held in North Carolina at the end of May each year. Great roads, great people, great time.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/forum/102-vfrd-major-events/

• Member Contributer
On 12/25/2016 at 2:06 AM, Skids said:

Sure thing Skids; I'm sure our economy could do with the boost from your fines...

To encourage "safer driving behaviour" during the summer holiday season our police are enforcing a 4km/hr speed tolerance until the end of January, down from their customary 10km/hr. So you get to spend your days watching the speedo instead of the road, which is bound to be a lot safer. Or, do as I do, and stay off the main highways.

• Member Contributer

Are there any tracks (not oval like ... daytona 500 ...) in florida? if not, someone needs to buy up some of what i've heard is relatively inexpensive land and build one with lots of S turns :goofy:. i believe with the weather (though it does rain a lot right?) being sunny and warm all year round it would be a good business. if priced well.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, lazyeye said:

There's a track in Gainsville if I've heard correctly.

Yes there is!  Here's a link.  I called to see if they allow bikes but their office is closed til after New Year's Day.  Says it's been open since 2000.  I went to a few of the NHRA Gatornationals there back in the 80s but I didn't know they had a road course now - thanks!

http://www.gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/templates/trackinfo.asp?articleid=2546&zoneid=69&navsource=History

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, lazyeye said:

I was thinking of Jennings.

http://www.jenningsgp.com/

I did a trackday with a fellow here in Oregon that told me about it.

Thanks Lazyeye - that looks like a much nicer track!  It's not really in Gainesville though - I looked it up on a map and it's practically in Georgia - just a couple miles from the Florida-Georgia line - so quite a ways away from me :(

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, windyrun said:

Gator Greg === you may want to look into this jennings track. Looks great!

Yeah it look s like a fun little track - too bad it's so far away.  I see on their website they have a 104 dB limit - I wonder how loud my bike is - LOL

Archived